• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So frustrated.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I can't say too much, but I know of 2 unspeyed and unvaccinated female rabbits living in a hutch ( not too small but not huge either) who I really want to take on. They're names have been forgotten, they are elderly and have never been in a run. I have managed to get them hay but don't know how to get them handed over. There have been a few tentitive suggestions we would take them, but just don't know how to get them out. We don't really have the space but the hutch is falling to pieces and others are feeding them- they aren't having bottom checks or anything done regularly.
I find this so frustrating.

Last edited:
Mike and I have had a chat, he has to phone the owner about something else, so is going to ask outright if they want us to take the rabbits.

I don't understand when people hold onto animals that they, obviously, don't care about. I've also got one of the carers lined up to put a word in for us a new home.

We got a refund on the road tax of the old landie, it should really be put aside for road tax on the newer one, if these bunnies come I can see it being spent on another run.:lol:

Hope you manage to get them. Good news about the road tax!

Yes, sometimes it's best to just ask/offer straight out - they may be waiting for you to make the offer, but too embarrassed to ask themselves....

Update on these buns.

I've found out the rabbits are 6 and the owner is expecting, when we next see them we are going to offer to take them. A tentitive suggestion has already been made that we could take them but the response was that we probably had enough rabbits!

Update on these buns.

I've found out the rabbits are 6 and the owner is expecting, when we next see them we are going to offer to take them. A tentitive suggestion has already been made that we could take them but the response was that we probably had enough rabbits!

:shock: You can never have enough rabbits!!!

I think you should just be blunt and say you have an empty run ready and waiting for them

You could make out you're doing them a favour by taking the buns before baby comes along

Still don't have these bunnies, but the workers looking after them have taken a hutch and run for them to have- so they now get plenty of hay and have a run, its small but its more than the had and they have access to it most of the day.:)
The owner did offer them to one of the people caring for them, so she is going to say we would take them- we never get a chance to catch up with the owner- so there is still a chance they will come to us.

Either way they're lives are a bit more enjoyable.

Back