• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

using old cat towels for rabbits?

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
This is probably a really daft question, but i have some towels that were used as kitten bedding, and they have now been washed and dried. Is there any reason I now cant give them to the bunnies? They dont smell of cats any more!

My bunnies like to rip towels to bits and I am so scared of them eating the bits and getting a blockage so I dont bother.

I don't see why not. I had a similar situation where my last bun had EC, I bleached the towels then put them on a boil wash before giving them to the new bun. Same with her dog bed.

I use towels- my vet recommended. I have some that try pulling them to bits, but mainly they just pee on them and make me do lots of washing. I think they would be fine.

They have towels all the time, I just wanted to know if it was ok to use the ones that the cats had had.

Thankfully they dont pee on, or shred them, they are quite good with them.

I would use them.
My Herbie likes pushing towels and blankets about with his two front paws :)

They have towels all the time, I just wanted to know if it was ok to use the ones that the cats had had.

Thankfully they dont pee on, or shred them, they are quite good with them.

I get told off by my boyfriend for buying towels- i bought another £30 worth the other day, nice eygptian cotton ones :) Lovely!

Ambience x

So can I use old towels - Lola likes to scrag them and I am petrified of my buns getting a blockage.

They like to sit on the top of the hutch but its a bit rough.

holly likes to sit outside the litter tray and pee on a nice soft towel.

she did it last night as i watched cheeky madam :shock::shock::shock:

holly likes to sit outside the litter tray and pee on a nice soft towel.

she did it last night as i watched cheeky madam :shock::shock::shock:

My Paddy and Peaches like to use towels and other kinda of material as a litter tray!

It's not nice having to pick up a soggy towel is it :lol:

So can I use old towels - Lola likes to scrag them and I am petrified of my buns getting a blockage.

They like to sit on the top of the hutch but its a bit rough.

I've found that they like to chew holes in them and pull the threads out, but rarely eat them. I think it's the texture they must like.

My boyfriend loves the bunnies, but I think he would be a bit mad if I spent 30 quid on towels for them, lol, especially since the ones we use for ourselves are cheap asda ones, hehe.

Back