• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rather morbid question...

Sandra

Warren Scout
We lost our beloved bunny Mýsla in December of last year. She passed so quickly, we were absolutely heartbroken and we did not know what to do with her body when we stood there with her at the clinic so the vet wrapped her and she was buried outside the shelter/vet clinic. We planted flowers on her grave and made her a nice stone. A week later people had destroyed it :cry: (she could not be buried inside the clinic's fence but just outside where there were a few other animals buried).

This all happened here in Jordan where we are currently living. In a month time we will be moving to the US with our 2 other bunnies.

We don't want to leave our little girl behind here... and we are seriously considering trying to bring her. Problem is that there is no way of having her body cremated as they do not do cremation here (not even for humans). We were trying to read about doing the cremation ourselves but it all sounds pretty nasty :cry: We also don't know what state her body is in at this point...

What would you guys do? We feel so bad about her laying in a place like that :(

Best,
Sandra and Vardi

How heartbreaking for you :(

But is just her empty she;; which is left behind, her spirit is free. You can make a new memorial for her at your new home, but I don't think it would be good to dig up the body now, it would just give you bad memories.

Aww Im so sorry you lost your obviously very adored bunny :cry::cry:

I know it must be hard to think about leaving her body behind when you leave :( But if you dig her body up now it will be in a hurrendous state. You obviously loved this bunny deeply, and might find the sight extremely distressing and scarring, so I wouldnt advise doing that for the sake of your own sanity.

In my opinion it is just the remains of her body that are buried in the ground. Her soul and her spirit are, and always will be, with you. Wherever you go you will take her with you in your heart and in your memories.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Must have been very upsetting. :( I'm really not sure there is anything you can do though. :? Even if you could do a cremation yourself, I don't know what the rules are about transporting animal remains across into different countries. :?

We're lucky that we have cremation services here. I always personally choose to use them if I can, just because you run out of practical burial space having lots of small animals over several years!

Cross posted with the other two posters but, for what it's worth, I totally agree with them.

I agree, I think it best you leave her, and maybe plant a nice rose bush or something in memory when youve moved, like people say, you dont want to remember her like that, it wont be nice

I can see where youre coming from though, my doggie died last boxing day and weve buried him in the garden, now every so often I worry as were in a house too small so WILL definalty be moving and I don't want to leave him here :( but I know its not 'him' so when we move weve said were going to plant something to remember him by

I really feel for you. I've told my dad that if our family ever leaves this house all the bunnies are coming too (and thats a large amount of bunnies).

What I thought I would do would buy a big flower pot and rebury them each in one of those, with some flowers on top. However, what I don't know is if you could ship a large flowerpot, let alone one with a small body in.

I think that it is important to remember that her spirit is not where her grave or her body is. Her spirit is with you. Its free.

Maybe this might be of use?

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

I will be leaving quite a few animals in this garden when I move. :( It doesn't bother me so much leaving them behind (as I disassociate myself from the body once it has died - it's not them anymore, as far as I'm concerned), but what worries me is that they will be dug up by accident. :(

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

I LOVE that poem, it was in the chapel of rest when my grandma died, and it really helped, its so true

We lost our beloved bunny Mýsla in December of last year. She passed so quickly, we were absolutely heartbroken and we did not know what to do with her body when we stood there with her at the clinic so the vet wrapped her and she was buried outside the shelter/vet clinic. We planted flowers on her grave and made her a nice stone. A week later people had destroyed it :cry: (she could not be buried inside the clinic's fence but just outside where there were a few other animals buried).

This all happened here in Jordan where we are currently living. In a month time we will be moving to the US with our 2 other bunnies.

We don't want to leave our little girl behind here... and we are seriously considering trying to bring her. Problem is that there is no way of having her body cremated as they do not do cremation here (not even for humans). We were trying to read about doing the cremation ourselves but it all sounds pretty nasty :cry: We also don't know what state her body is in at this point...

What would you guys do? We feel so bad about her laying in a place like that :(

Best,
Sandra and Vardi

Hi Sandra,

As others have said she will always be in your heart, I think it would be best to leave her remains. There is unlikely to be anything left after this length of time in the heat you have in Jordan. Not a nice thought but human remains can go in 7-10yrs in the right soil in a UK climate so I really do think you shouldn't worry too much. It is very sad to say goodbye I understand. Perhaps you could think of a fitting memorial that you could do now or have when you move to the US instead. I hope the move goes ok. x

Back