• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mallow.- the 'pledge a pound' bunny.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Mallow, our 'pledge a pound' bunny is off into the vets tomorrow to be speyed, I also found a wart type lump thing on the inside of her legs, I think it may be a abscess. I am feeling so worried, but I think she is young so hopefully will bounce back. I just hate the feeling of waiting for them to eat and perk up afterwards.

Last edited:
Hope it goes well for Mallow, sending vibes for a successful op and smooth recovery x

Mallow.

025.jpg

Mallow is through her op, the lump on her leg was an abscess so it has been flushd out and we need to keep an eye on it. We can collect her later with her meds- metacam, baytril, metochloprimide and fibreplex. I will now go and get the indoor cage set up and some soft towels and look out another snugglepad. That's the first bit of worry over, now all we need to do is get her eating and pooping.

Why do I do this to myself, I feel very emotional today!:oops:

Awwwww, I'm glad she got through the op ok. :love: Try not to stress too much when she gets home; Bubbles was very sleepy the first afternoon/evening after the spay and hardly ate but was a lot perkier the next day. Hopefully Mallow will be too. :D

Awww glad it went alright, I am sure she is going to be a little fighter, she knows she has a good life ahead. Fingers crossed that she is going to suprise you and start nomming away. My doe didn't eat for quite a while (op was on the Friday) was very very tired, we did end up going back the next day for pain relief and sub cut fluids, gut stimulant, critical care etc she only needed that little boost though and as soon as I put her back out in her own territory (Sunday) she seemed to be much happier.

Thanks everybody.
Thankfully my vets have all the meds sorted out for her over the weekend- probably because I ask for them for them now. I'm sure they get sick of me but because I work with them and spend a lot of money they put up with it.:lol:

I'm like this with every animal that goes in for an op- I can't begin to imagine what I'll be like when Katie goes in.:shock:

Mallow is now home and looking fairly bright. I need to give he a metachloprimie injection later in the evening and some fibreplex- start the rest of the meds tomorrow.
She is young ( I think) and thin so hopefully she will recover quickly- then need to see if she will bond with Sorrell.

Stupid woman that I am. I was drawning up her metachloprimide injection, then dropped the vial- apart from the dose in the syringe it is all gone. I think I may have another in the kennels, will just need to check the expiry date otherwise I will have to nip down to the local branch and get some more tomorrow morning. What a cluts.

Mallow is out of the carry box now, put it in the crate so she has somewhere to hide, but no sign of eating, I've just been out and picked some dandilions and grass to see if it will kick start her.

Mallow is looking quite bright this morning, she's just been given her meds and then started to tuck into some freshly picked dandilion- no sign of poops yet though.

Back