• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does my box in grrr

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
:evil:I am getting this a lot lately, my family and friends think that because I treat my bunnies like part of my family I am desperate for kids.. :evil::evil:

They think because my buns have there own room and I spend a fortune on them its because they are my replacement children:roll: overheard my sis saying to my dad the other day and it winds me up:censored:

I DO want kids but I would treat my buns or any animal I had the same.. really gets my goat :censored:

I get sort of the same, oh you treat them like kids, my answer is yes and why not they ARE part of my family and i love them. xxxxxxxx

What an odd thing for them to think :roll: They obviously dont realise how special buns are in their own right.

Just ignore them and try not to let it upset you hun, you and Ian know the truth and thats all that matters ;)

I get sort of the same, oh you treat them like kids, my answer is yes and why not they ARE part of my family and i love them. xxxxxxxx

I hate it because it makes me sound like some weirdo like the women who get them fake babies and treat them as though they were real.

Do people not understand that even if i did have children I would still treat them the same??:evil:

I am always getting the pee taken out of me for my rabbits and I just take it with a pinch of salt most of the time. I dare any of the people that rip me to spend a day with my buns and they will see the light

haha my family are the opposite, they know i cant bear children but go all gooey over an animal :oops::oops:

even my boss made a comment the other day about my love of animals over humans and shes even said she would never leave me and her hubby (main boss) in a room together alone, not because of affairs but because he does hunting :shock::shock:

i didnt realise i was so vocal about my thoughts on breeding/hunting/having pets :oops::oops::oops:

my family probably have some sort on convo about my nutterness tho, my big bro thinks im a right fruit loop :D

dont let em wind you up hun :wave::wave::wave::wave:

What an odd thing for them to think :roll: They obviously dont realise how special buns are in their own right.

Just ignore them and try not to let it upset you hun, you and Ian know the truth and thats all that matters ;)

Yeah I know!!! thing is Ians mate said the other day that I was trying to tell him something by treating the "Babas":lol: the way I do.. they also said that I may be a crazy bunny boiler :roll:

All said in jest but it is day in day out.. generally they are nice people but oh I could deck em

haha my family are the opposite, they know i cant bear children but go all gooey over an animal :oops::oops:

even my boss made a comment the other day about my love of animals over humans and shes even said she would never leave me and her hubby (main boss) in a room together alone, not because of affairs but because he does hunting :shock::shock:

i didnt realise i was so vocal about my thoughts on breeding/hunting/having pets :oops::oops::oops:

my family probably have some sort on convo about my nutterness tho, my big bro thinks im a right fruit loop :D
dont let em wind you up hun :wave::wave::wave::wave:

yeh my bro is the same, on my brithday he wrote happy bday on FB and said: You can have a night off bunny patrol since its your bday:lol:

I just like being portrayed as being a crazy ladie who wants children so much that she has had buns instead:roll:

Last edited:
I get this all the time, as me and the OH are both mad on all our pets, his friends tend to think we are completely insane, and my friends do a lot of winking and nudging saying I must be broody :roll:

My Dad actually asked us the other day how we would sort out maintainance, custody and access if we broke up...

I hate it because it makes me sound like some weirdo like the women who get them fake babies and treat them as though they were real.

Do people not understand that even if i did have children I would still treat them the same??:evil:

I am always getting the pee taken out of me for my rabbits and I just take it with a pinch of salt most of the time. I dare any of the people that rip me to spend a day with my buns and they will see the light

I get the same shelly and im 45 and looked on as a mad woman because of my love of my pets, tough luck if no one likes it its nothing to do with them, i actually see peoples eyes glaze over with boredom when i mention my pets, so be it you know what they say, people that love pets are warm hearted people. xxxxxxxxx

I'm lucky cos my family are as bad as me

my mum has 3 shih-tzus and a cat and they're her babies
my sister has 6 shih-tzus they're her babies, she even buys loads of presents at christmas, wraps them up and pops them under the tree :lol:

and then micks niece also has a rabbit and hers is her baby

My mum is perfectly aware that my animals are probably the closest she's going to get to grandchildren, so just lets me get on with it :lol: She spoils them too.
I think everyone I know knows I'm not a fan of children :oops:

My mum is perfectly aware that my animals are probably the closest she's going to get to grandchildren, so just lets me get on with it :lol: She spoils them too.
I think everyone I know knows I'm not a fan of children :oops:

There is nothing wrong with not wanting kids, at least our pets are always there and NEVER let us down or hurt us and i think thats why maybe a lot of us love them like we do, well its true in my case anyway :) xxxxxxxxxx

Back