• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah - Started bonding - U/D THEY ARE BONDED!!

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Noah came home today. I will update with the full story for tomorrow as I am absolutely dead. Has been a very busy day trying to get everything ready on time - plus I had to go pick up hay (which takes about 1.5 hours). Anyway, I have split Charlee's pen in half..need to wait until next week when I can get some time off to try and bond them properly. Also this way they can get to know each other through the bars. Each section is 3ftx3ft..so a little small but it is only temporary.

Noahs area -

006-1.jpg

Charlees area -

007-3.jpg

Noah

008-4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! They have been poking their noses through the divider and showing a great deal of interest in each other. Charlee has been pulling at the divider too. As soon as one goes to the divider, the other follows so all positive signs :) Just need to let Noah settle a bit as he is gets a bit excited :lol::lol: His ears are awesome - when he gets really excited they wiggle and waggle :lol::lol: He has so much character.

I need some advice.

I left them alone yesterday, and went in just before lunch today to give Noah a cuddle - get to know him a bit. He decided he would have none of it (which I don't mind) and managed to hop into Charlee's pen before I could stop him. Charlee was petrified and wouldn't move, he just humped her. I have never seen Charlee so scared. He would grunt, and then stomp his foot and then hump her. Charlee just sat there petrified. He stopped and she ran off stomping her foot. I took him out and put him back in his side - in the process, I got scratched all up my arm, drawing blood.

I really don't know if this is going to work out. There is another bun which is already litter trained, and was nuetered ages ago that may be more suitable. Should I keep going with it or not?

It might just have been the suddenness of the 'introduction' that has scared her and his hormones will still be around I'm guessing. Since there have been some positive signs through the divide I wouldn't give up just yet.
See how it goes when you start gently introducing them and go from there. It's still early days yet. :)

If you are going for the slow method, then just let them settle down again. The humping behaviour is totally normal and one of the ways that buns decide who is going to be the dominant one. The fact that there was no immediate retaliation was a good sign. However, as I said, let them settle down for another day and then start swapping them into the other's area. Leave all the "furniture"..litter trays etc where they are and just swap the buns over. This means that their scents get intermingled. Don't attempt putting them together for a couple of weeks yet if one of them has only recently been neutered. Good luck.:D

Humping is totally normal and I always think the other bun looks terrified when being humped :(

When I was bonding Zero and Lucy he kept pushing her against the bars and humping her, then she screamed. I grabbed her out and decided to never try bonding again, but when I calmed down and put them back together he never tried to hump her again!

Thanks for the reassurance. The swapping them into each others cages is a good idea! I have some more pictures uploading of the little monkey.

Noah here. I sufferz fromz da no feeters syndrome.

005-2.jpg

I thinkz I iz da preddy boy but mum says I iz norty. What doez she knows?

010-2-1.jpg

Awww he's lovely, he will settle down and will get better with you as he gets to know you. Its all very new and both bunnies will be on edge to start with. All that behaviour is very normal to start with :wave:

:love::love::love: What a handsome boy.

Try not to worry about yesterday's little adventure. ;) It sounds like it was pretty normal bonding behaviour - more scary for us to watch sometimes I think.

More pictures. None of Charlee though because she is mad :lol:

015.jpg

A pretty man has to keep himself looking good :roll:

016-4.jpg

017-4.jpg

Look at his ears - he can't decide whether to be a floppy or an uppy!

018-5.jpg

020-3.jpg

022-2.jpg

019-5.jpg

Ooo I lie, I got one of Charlee checking out her new bed. Not a good photo though!

007-4.jpg

I need some advice.

I left them alone yesterday, and went in just before lunch today to give Noah a cuddle - get to know him a bit. He decided he would have none of it (which I don't mind) and managed to hop into Charlee's pen before I could stop him. Charlee was petrified and wouldn't move, he just humped her. I have never seen Charlee so scared. He would grunt, and then stomp his foot and then hump her. Charlee just sat there petrified. He stopped and she ran off stomping her foot. I took him out and put him back in his side - in the process, I got scratched all up my arm, drawing blood.

I really don't know if this is going to work out. There is another bun which is already litter trained, and was nuetered ages ago that may be more suitable. Should I keep going with it or not?

Mine did that as well, he'd only been neutered for 2 weeks and every time she moved he'd stomp and hump her. There was no retaliation from her at all, bar a few stomps of her own. I decided to go down the slow route, so have been placing them side by side every day, swapping food bowls, trays, water bottles etc to the point where he is now a lot calmer but still pulls at her fur through the bars. It'll be 6 weeks next friday which is the day (after work) that I will be bonding them again as I have the weekend off (for once!).

Mine did that as well, he'd only been neutered for 2 weeks and every time she moved he'd stomp and hump her. There was no retaliation from her at all, bar a few stomps of her own. I decided to go down the slow route, so have been placing them side by side every day, swapping food bowls, trays, water bottles etc to the point where he is now a lot calmer but still pulls at her fur through the bars. It'll be 6 weeks next friday which is the day (after work) that I will be bonding them again as I have the weekend off (for once!).

Noah doesn't pull at her fur - he tries to groom her. He is just a bit over excited. I am hoping that they will settle dramatically rather quickly..we have a two week trial period, so really need to make sure we have positive signs (if not a bond) by the end of the two weeks.

What does it mean when they grunt? He did that a couple of times.

Noah doesn't pull at her fur - he tries to groom her. He is just a bit over excited. I am hoping that they will settle dramatically rather quickly..we have a two week trial period, so really need to make sure we have positive signs (if not a bond) by the end of the two weeks.

What does it mean when they grunt? He did that a couple of times.

What sort of a sound is it? If it's a low grunt then he's not very happy and it's a warning sound. If it's quite a high one in comparison and regular that's honking and it means he's very happy and excited. Mine still does that a bit when he's running around my legs. Roll on when his hormones disappear!!

I will have to pay attention to it! It sounds like honking as he was most pleased to see her..Charlee didn't share the enthusiasm :roll::lol::lol:

Back