• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noodle has fleas!!!

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
aT LEAST i THINK SHE HAS............

Im currently bonding her and twig back together and noodle has white fur so easy to spot.Today, I saw 3 small bugs like fleas, picked one of them up and it jumped off.

I think maybe she caught them from the vets when she went in for her operation. Im really upset because she only has 3 legs she cant itch and the last two days she has been rubbing her face off everything to scratch. I just thought that was normal.

So............ I need to trear Noodle and Twig. Their hutch is next to Theo and Cleos so im guessing I should treat them too. And whilst im at it I may aswell do Earl just in case....

What shall I use? I know you put it on the back of the neck so they cant lick it off but if its a bonded pair then they will be able too.....

Feel so ashamed and dirty but I know it couldnt be helped! :(

Please help

I used Xenex and it killed one of my bunnies and the last time I had to treat we used Advantage which was awesome (you will need to see your vet for both of those). You will also need to treat any other animals in the house, and also the whole area. At the vets you can buy sprays that treat the environments and they are very important in conjunction with treating the rabbit.

Fleas can also be brought by things like hedgehogs and cats and stuff, sothey could have gotten them anyway.

Hope you get it sorted relatively easily :)

in the meantime I just put some Johnsons fly strike protector on a cloth and wiped Noodle and Twig with it (it says it also kills fleas) but I dont like using that stuff It can be poisonous cant it?

I used Xenex and it killed one of my bunnies and the last time I had to treat we used Advantage which was awesome (you will need to see your vet for both of those). You will also need to treat any other animals in the house, and also the whole area. At the vets you can buy sprays that treat the environments and they are very important in conjunction with treating the rabbit.

Fleas can also be brought by things like hedgehogs and cats and stuff, sothey could have gotten them anyway.

Hope you get it sorted relatively easily :)

Thank you, im sorry about your bunny :(

Just ring your vet and ask for some advantage. As the rabbits have been seen recently they shouldn't need to see a vet again, they should be happy just to put some out for you to collect :)

Just ring your vet and ask for some advantage. As the rabbits have been seen recently they shouldn't need to see a vet again, they should be happy just to put some out for you to collect :)

Just rang them. The receptionist is consulting with the vet. She is ringing me back in 20 minutes to let me know....

Back