• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im finding it really hard...

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
without Scamp :cry::cry: Why Scamp? There are so many bunnies out there that are unwanted - Scamp was my baby, why was he taken so soon :cry::cry: I really tried my best for him, but it just wasnt enough :cry:

I know your all probably fed up of me, and you dont have to reply to this thread, im just really really struggling :cry: I still keep expecting him to come out from behind the sofa :cry: Night times are the worst, when im sat here thinking about it :cry:

I'm still wondering the same thing about Teddy! :(

I'm so sorry Becky. :cry::cry:

I'd love to tell you that it gets better...but I haven't found that yet. :(

I often feel it is unfair when I lose a beloved animal, when so many go unattended and even neglected, I know donnamt feels the same- I'm sure many do.

The only consolation is that they WERE loved and looked after and better a short, happy life than a long one filled with distress.

I'm sorry your struggling, I'm finding things hard without Samson, we buried him today and he is really gone now, but we have others who need us and that's what keeps me doing what I do.

Hope you feel better soon and can remember the happy times.

oh hun i dont want to be someone who says "i know how it feels" but i remember when Peanut Butter died i was just so angry, no life is more important than another we all know that but you cant help that niggle that says, why MY bunny who was so well cared for, how can there be so many unwanted bunnies and yet my bunny has to die.

The only thing that i took comfort in was the thought that, bunnies have no concept of time. All he knows is that he had a happy life despite everything, he doesnt know how long he had left or whether his life was long or short.

Im so sorry, massive hugs x

:cry: I took Scamp on Monday to the vets to be sent for cremation. I just keep seeing him lying there, by himself, he would hate that, he loved human attention :cry: I feel bad for sending him for cremation, but i didnt want to bury him either, i didnt want him out there in the cold alone :cry: I just want him back here :cry::cry::cry:

:cry: I took Scamp on Monday to the vets to be sent for cremation. I just keep seeing him lying there, by himself, he would hate that, he loved human attention :cry: I feel bad for sending him for cremation, but i didnt want to bury him either, i didnt want him out there in the cold alone :cry: I just want him back here :cry::cry::cry:

I still get a strange feeling when i walk past Peanuts plant pot. I feel awful though because everything died, and we havent got anything new yet so it looks so neglected. I didnt take him out of his wooden box so it will be okay if i replant on top,but i just feel like i failed him again.

When in reality all that matters is the love they felt when they were with us

All I see when I think of Ted is him as I found him. :( When I see pictures of belly up buns on here, all I see is a dead Teddy. I can see his mouth open, teeth showing, his head back. I can feel the crackle of his skin, when I stroked him goodbye. ....the gutwrenching realisation that he wasn't sleeping.

It HAS to get better...it just HAS to sometime.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Big Hugs to all of you!

Three very special buns - Peanut butter, Teddy and Scamp are all together now - doesnt make it any easier for you I know..

Becky I have been thinking about you - I cant imgine how devestated you are

xxxx

I am so sorry again for you Becky, for all of you.
I dont have any wise words to say I am afraid, just to say that I am thinking of you and its absolutely fine to talk about how you feel.
Helen x

aww hunny it does get easier i promise i still cry over mine and every time i see a picture of my boy jack i cry i miss him so much i miss them all but remember the good times with them and smile at them thats what i do
thinking of you
ann x

it's such a horrible feeling. i still cry over my two who are no longer here. i still think of them everyday. it's so hard. sending you hugs xxx :cry:

No one is fed up of you. Far too many of us understand the way you are feeling right now. Anyone who read your posts about Scamp could not fail to recognise how much he meant to you right from the beginning when you rescued him from his dire circumstance. It is only right we grieve so long and hard when we lose one of these wonderful little bunnies with which we choose to share our lives. It would speak much less of us if we just moved on with our lives with no time to reflect on the love and companionship we both gave and received.

I have to agree with Teddy's mummy about it getting better. I lost my beautiful little Liam 8 months ago followed by his life long partner Molly 5 weeks later and like Teddy's mummy I still haven't found that it gets better; you just learn how to cope a little better. We cannot avoid the heartache of losing pets unless we choose not to have them at all; to me that is a far too high price to pay.

The following is a few lines extracted from a letter to his wife written by an American soldier of their civil war who had a premonition of his imminent death. I like to think the sentiment can also apply to our little departed friends.

"If the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they loved, I shall always be near you; in the garish day and in the darkest night—amidst your happiest scenes and gloomiest hours—always, always; and if there be a soft breeze upon your cheek, it shall be my breath; or the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.

Do not mourn me dead; think I am gone and wait for thee, for we shall meet again."

Guys, it does get slightly better, you always will miss your babies, thats for definate, but then i think it is a good thing as it shows that you were all lucky enough to have such a special bun that made such a big impact.

I am saying all this as it is now the way i feel about my Kermit after not having him by my side for over a year now. He truly was my bunny soul mate. I miss him every day, but i feel honoured that i had him and happy that he made such an impact in my life.

It does get easier to deal with, but little things can set me off crying about Squidgy. He was my best friend for 8 years and I miss him terribly. I feel slightly empty inside.
I am starting to feel happy about the time we spent together - we had a fabulous time and he was the happiest bunny.
Hugs to you. xxx

Sending you a big hug, Becky.

The pain and heartbreak of losing such a special friend is dreadful, but in time it does get easier to cope with. You will always miss him and that will never change, but gradually the sad memories will become less vivid and will be replaced by memories of happier times.

Try and focus on the happy times you had together and think about all the things Scamp did that made you smile.

Thinking of you.

Tracy
x

I'm so sorry Becky :( Scamp had the best home imaginable with you and he will have known how much you loved him. It is so utterly unfair that you didn't have longer together :cry:

We lost our elderly dog last week and adjusting to not having him around is very hard, so I really sympathise with how you're feeling. But for us at least we knew he'd had a good, long life, whereas little Scamp should have been at the beginning of his many years with you, which I'm sure makes it a lot harder :(

Sending hugs.
x

Back