• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopes had her babies (more pictures added post 32 )

Collielover

Mama Doe
Hope one of my fosters has had her babies today.,,,,, She has had 6 all look ok so far she keeps poping back into the nest to check them. I just hope they survive this time :cry:

She was rescued with a group of 9 about a month ago ..Another 2 of the females have gave birth to litters in the past few weeks they were all in mixed pairs. She had had a litter the night before but they only survided 24 hours but she was still in with the male and he had killed a previse litter also . so we dont know if it was him or her or they just died

So please send vides for these we ones

Are they anything I can do to help them or do I just let her get on with it

I have never had wee ones before erm well thats not true I have had dogs and kittens and kids of my own just not baby rabbits:oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Hope's babies. I am sorry I dont have any advice as I havent been in that situation before, but I hope all goes well for the babies.

congratulations on your litter
just leave her to it she knows what to do before you go in the nest to check them over rub your hands over her and through her bedding so you dont leave your scent on them you will soon know if she wont allow you she will start grunting at you
if there are ant dead babies just remove them and place any babies that have moved out of the nest back in
good luck and enjoy them they soon grow up ;)
ann x

thanks Jazz she has been ok with us looking at them I havnt touched any of them just moves the fur in the nest alittle to see if they are alive what they are all moving about she the nest is in a small cat litter try and there all cuddled up together .

thanks Jazz she has been ok with us looking at them I havnt touched any of them just moves the fur in the nest alittle to see if they are alive what they are all moving about she the nest is in a small cat litter try and there all cuddled up together .

aww i will advise if its a huge nest and very warm get a tile you know like you stick on your kitchen wall lol and slide it under the nest it will help them stop over heating
give unlimited food and hay still give greens never stop that even when babies are up and about they will have a nibble too if they do this from young age they are less likely to get upset tums when new owners give them ;)
if you need me please feel free to shout me
ann xxx

thanks ....for the offer of help just checked them there all alive this morning no noise coming from them so thats a good thing yes ? I live in scotalnd and well the weather somewhat alot cooler than it is down south at the moment so I think they will be cool enough..Mother is eating loads and drrinking I really dont think she minds us checking she just watches us then after we are finnnished goes and checks the next afterwards to make sure we annt done anything to them..Will give them a better check later make sure they have all there legs ect as on looked in on them didn;t want to touch them incase

I am so excited its the first time I have seen baby rabbits :love::love::love::love:

No noise is good. Sounds like everything is going well so far. After the first few days the next crucial time is when they have stopped feeding from mum. It's cool enough for them just now, if you're weather is as cold as mine. But the tile is handy to keep in mind. You never know, we may get some summer weather :lol:

Wait till they start coming out the nest and there are all these little babies falling around everywhere :lol::love:

And bet you've been up early to check them, and half the night :lol:

Awww sending lots of vibes

Remember if you have to touch the nest to rub your hands in the mum's bedding first so you smell of her not of you

Don't really have much advice for you really though, sorry hun xxxxxxx

No noise is good. Sounds like everything is going well so far. After the first few days the next crucial time is when they have stopped feeding from mum. It's cool enough for them just now, if you're weather is as cold as mine. But the tile is handy to keep in mind. You never know, we may get some summer weather :lol:

Wait till they start coming out the nest and there are all these little babies falling around everywhere :lol::love:

And bet you've been up early to check them, and half the night :lol:

oi you stop telling everyone what I get up 1 and yes I was up at 5 this morning checking them and given her a few treats for being such a good mummy . There so so sweet will take pictures later of them there 4 like her and Selena and 2 very dark ones I think will be black or brown

here is a picture of hope so you all can rember what she looks like

Image0143.jpg

right Im out to play with the rabbits for a hour before he drags me away

oi you stop telling everyone what I get up 1 and yes I was up at 5 this morning checking them and given her a few treats for being such a good mummy . There so so sweet will take pictures later of them there 4 like her and Selena and 2 very dark ones I think will be black or brown

here is a picture of hope so you all can rember what she looks like

Image0143.jpg

right Im out to play with the rabbits for a hour before he drags me away

aww shes stunning is she a rex ? if soand daddy is a rex watch those nails baby rex have really sharp nails that can shred you ;)
i have the scares to proove it lol
ann x

here is a couple of Hopes babies there 6 in total I know t dont look like it in the pic I was cleaning out there nest box today thats why there all snuggled up in a corner

100_1321.jpg

100_1322.jpg

this one was after they were all back in I dont think they will be in the nest box for much longer there eyes are open and they are on the move

100_1326.jpg

Back