• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flopsy and Toto recovering

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
Hi guys and gals, well Flopsy and Toto have had their manhood removed today bless them, both seem okish well so far seen them both eat hay and greens but no pellets, Flopsy has drank loads but Toto hasnt drank yet so may put water bowl in now, they both in dog crate in house so i can keep eye on them, just wondered if i need be giving them anything, i have metacam and gut stimulant in from when Toto was pooly but vet today said they shouldnt need anything to bring home as what they had given them should see them through if i was concerned to bring them straight back obviously, both done a wee, Toto pooping normal size ones but not actually seen Flopsy leave any yet but is evidence of small tiny ones and couple dark smelly ones tiny ones, assumed these are from Flopsy whom is very very quiet and looks very sleepy and sorry for himself, toto has already tried to hump him cheeky tinker! nowt wrong with him.

So i need to see Toto drinking and Flopsy doing normal poops, also i am at work tomo do i leave them penned in house for their safety, they have been glued not stitched have looked at Toto's bits which seem like two little saggy sausages (is this normal) but not had chance get Flopsy yet he just in corner flat out as if to say leave me be mummy bless.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanksxx

[anyone)? i am off to bed in min can anyone offer anymore advice or am i worrying over nothing i keep watching them all time its driving me mad:roll: xx

Back