• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drum Roll........U/D new pics

capel

Warren Veteran
Bonding has begun! Early this evening I decided to shove them in the carrier and take them for a car ride around the block, and when we got back I put them straight into the nero cage. Things are quiet at the moment but I'm on high alert as I know things could kick off at any moment. Dave spent a few minutes with his nose pressed into the corner(again!!) and Bunty just sat around for a bit. Then they both explored. Bunty tried twice to put her head under Dave's chin, but he just froze. Then they both started eating and then Dave put his head down to her but she was too busy washing herself! Dave settled down into the corner and Bunty flopped..Yes, Flopped!!!, beside him and all was well for about 5 mins until she decided his corner looked comfier and tried to push him out and when he didn't move she went to bite him on the bum(not very lady-like is she??) and he shot off to the other corner. It looks as though she's going to be the dominant one. I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight so that I can monitor them. It's going to be a long and nerve wracking one I think!!. Here are a few pics..not great, but you can see how small Dave is compared to Bunty. Did you realise he was so tiny Jill?? :lol:
DSC01057.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

Last edited:
Aww bless him he is a little poppet:love:
Nice to see Bunty and glad it seems to be going ok..will keep fingers crossed xx

Wow bunty is a giant bunny :lol: Is she all fluff? All looks good so far good luck keep me updated. Hope its not too sleepless a night

She's very fluffy. Just had to come and tell you all that she groomed his ears just now. Not for long, but there was def grooming going on!!

Thats brilliant - was he ok with that?
He'd gone up to her and put his head down to her but she just sniffed his nose so he cooched down even further and put his head under her chin and that's when she grromed his ears! Just 5 or six licks, but it's a promising start isn't it? Fingers and everything else crossed.

:wave: Oh Hilda that does sound promising :D
Has Dave ever had a friend before?

I think Hilda has gone offline now.... Dave was found as a stray and taken to rspca, he lived at mine for a few weeks then went to Hildas so has probably only seen/ smelt other buns until now :D

:wave: Oh Hilda that does sound promising :D
Has Dave ever had a friend before?

It's highly unlikely. All's going smoothly at the moment. Dave can't seem to get close enough to her at the moment.
DSC01059.jpg

He's been lying for the last 15 mins with his head pushed under her tummy!!
DSC01064.jpg

All still ok ! Dave has a thing about newspaper and spends ages ripping it to shreds. He showed Bunty how to do it and she joined in with enthusiasm...pics of the area of destruction coming later!:lol: I fell asleep at around 11 to the noise of the Paper- Tearing Fest and woke up around 5 to the sight of them snuggled together. They've had breakfast side by side and when one moves, the other follows. It's as though there's an invisible thread.:lol: So, all in all, the signs are great, and I'm hoping to move them into the hutch on Saturday.
ESP for JILL: They were sitting together eating hay last night..BOTH of them...Bunty seems to like the Dust Free hay, so if that's what she'll eat, I'll buy it just for them. The trio are happy with the farm hay so costs can be kept down..:lol:

Wonderful news, well done you! I'm so pleased :D Looking forward to pics of the newspaper tearing fest :lol:

Sounds like everything is progressing very well for these pair. Dave must be weeny because when we met Bunty on Sunday she was only ickle herself - the carrier was quite light compared to when we have our buns in there!!
So glad it is going well, they sound like they are having fun together!

I am so pleased it's going so well. I can't believe how Dave has progressed, it is amazing and all credit to you two. Can't wait to meet them both. :love:

Lovely pix Hilda. So glad it's all positive :D I know it's early days but I always think that how buns react when they first meet is a good sign of how they'll be so fingers crossed they'll be loved up in no time :D :love:

Can't believe how TINY Dave is!! :shock:

Back