• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't you love it when the vet gushes over your buns?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Just took Blanche for a check-up/myxi and the vet couldn't stop cooing over her.

She was completely amazed by her colouring and said that she had never seen a bun like her before. Apparently she's a perfect weight, "brilliantly cared for" and has an "adorable personality" along with being beautiful :D

It's lovely hearing such feedback from vets especially since all the money and effort I put into them all.

Yesterday a friend of mine who has always had rabbits since being little came to see my buns for the first time. She too was amazed at how lovely and friendly they are. :D Since the Leo saga I'd been doubting my skills as a bunny mummy but todays helped restore my faith in myself a little bit.

Sorry not much point to the post really but just wanted to share :wave:

"Don't you love it when the vet gushes over your buns?"

not when the gushing is the vaccine thats supposed to be going into the bun! Poor Gasket hated the vet. :shock:

It is a nice feeling when the vet says they are well looked after and happy bunnies.

Blackberry really shows off at the vets - reaching up for attention, kissing etc. :love:

The vet was here this afternoon. She was very taken with Henry who was totally paralysed the last time she saw him. This time she was admiring him before she realised which rabbit he was:D

In fact she gushed about the whole place which was really nice:D:D

My vet ....and all the vet nurses....would line up to give Teddy a cuddle. Thye were always gushing about how wonderful he was, and how calm/friendly/shiny/beautiful he was.

They gush over Ruby....but for different reasons. :lol: They can't get over how beautiful she is...but think she's a little madam! :lol::lol:

They adore Pixie...but she's very much like Teddy in personality.

I think we need more pictures of Blanche please!! ;) :love:

I took Brian in for one of the free rabbit awareness week healthchecks earlier in the year. The nurse I saw loved him! She said he was perfect weight, healthy, well cared for, beautiful and 'obviously very well handled and loved' :love: It meant such a lot to me as he's just a bog-standard black cross breed. It felt extra nice that she liked him so much as anyone else would think he was nothing special. He got extra stuff in his free goodie bag! :lol:

Thistle also causes a stir when he goes to the vet. When I took him to be neutered a few years ago, my vet had a moan because Thistle's 'donkey ears' had distracted his staff and they were all too busy fussing him to do any work! :lol:

When we had to have Duggie PTS, the vet said lovely things about him and about how the white flecks in his black coat looked like stars in the night sky. This really helped and I will always remember him described that way.

When Ollie had to go to the emergency vet, she ended the report with 'lovely bunny'. It does make you feel good.

My vets do this as well, and they were all waiting to see toby when I took him because they hadn't seen a thrianta in the flesh before :D
ps you didn't get yours from a lady called kaye did you...?

When I took Benson and Lola for their Maxi vaccinations the vet and the student vet looked in when I opened the door of their carrier and at the same time both went "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I said "I know!" :lol:

Back