• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone willing to bond for us?

We really want to see our 2 boys back together again but will not have the time to do this ourselves now until after September. I am not giving up on them yet, but do wonder if the lovely monsters may benefit from someone with experience? (our vet seemed to think this would be best - which has got me doubting myself a little :( )

Anybody willing to bond for us in the Nottinghamshire area?? Will very willingly pay!

Oh yeah, the boys are Jack & Joe: 2 male lops aged 7 months. Both neutered about 3 months ago. They were bonded before neutering until started fighting, and were bonded for 20 days over the past month (started fighting again). Currently, both are living indoors in a run separated by a chicken wire partition so they don't forget each other.

:wave: I have not bonded my own buns but I am sure if you contact a rescue in you area they will bond for a donation :wave:

Just contacted a rescue centre (I'll keep them anonymous even though I am really annoyed), the response:

...you should get them neutered before they start fighting
...you're not supposed to separate them, now bonding will probably be impossible
...it is better to bond a buck and a doe
...what about getting them a doe each

While I am sure this is all good advice from an experienced individual - it really doesn't help me as I already 2 males, they are already neutered, they have already fought, and although 4 rabbits would be amazing I think my poor husband would have a heart attack (he just about copes with 2!!!) :lol:

I don't want to seem like I am shoving advice back into peoples faces - I am grateful for any...really! People we have spoken to so far seem to have 'generic' knowledge or have just said no as it is 2 bucks :(

I will keep trying with the rescue centres though thanks Shellypops! :wave:

Just contacted a rescue centre (I'll keep them anonymous even though I am really annoyed), the response:

...you should get them neutered before they start fighting
...you're not supposed to separate them, now bonding will probably be impossible
...it is better to bond a buck and a doe
...what about getting them a doe each

While I am sure this is all good advice from an experienced individual - it really doesn't help me as I already 2 males, they are already neutered, they have already fought, and although 4 rabbits would be amazing I think my poor husband would have a heart attack (he just about copes with 2!!!) :lol:

I don't want to seem like I am shoving advice back into peoples faces - I am grateful for any...really! People we have spoken to so far seem to have 'generic' knowledge or have just said no as it is 2 bucks :(

I will keep trying with the rescue centres though thanks Shellypops! :wave:

Oh what a shame. You really need some good advise rather than just being shot down.. are they already neutered?

Edited to add, sometimes I have heard unfortunatley that some bonds will never happen if the fight was bad :cry: But I abumping your thread up for you so hopefully someone with more experience will come

Thanks for the bump. They are neutered. They had fought quite badly before but with time and patience we got just under a month of bonded bliss
Escaping.jpg
[/IMG]

Having seen them together I can't help but hope. I think they deserve one more chance :love:

Back