• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barnaby in stasis - vibes please

Got home off nights and passed OH on way out the door. He said he'd noticed Barnaby sitting a bit hunched last night and didn't really dive for his food as usual.:?
I went straight out and found him in the corner, hunching then laying out. Tried tummy rubs on a very squealchy tum, no use so straight to the vet. :(
He's got very little gut noise but no blockage that the vet can feel, thank goodness, and he's been given gut stimulant, painkillers and some critical care.
He's currently in our little pen in the living room so I can monitor poop output. He went straight for his water and downed quite a bit so no worries about sub cuts yet and he's sat by his food bowl of favourite things looking expectant so hopefully means he'll feel like eating soon.

Please can we have some eating vibes for my little man to feel all betters?

Poor Barnaby. :( I know how worrying it is to have a poorly bunny. Sending lots and lots of vibes. xx

Aww sorry to hear Barnaby isn't well:cry:
Sending loads of get well soon vibes and hope he perks up and manages to eat something soon xxx

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the vibes. Barnaby's looking a lot better now. After liberally spreading critical care over him, myself and my living room I put him back into his pen and, after having a wash he started nibbling some veg. Oh, the relief. He then had a few pellets and settled down.
I had to go to bed then as I was dead on my feet (working last night and back in tonight .... why do they never get ill on a rest day, lol). I knew the OH would be in soon for the next feed if he was still only picking, but by the time the OH got in Barnaby had wolfed all his pellets, a good lot of his veg and had had some poops (they're still a bit unformed as yet but we're getting there)
Barnaby's busy grooming himself on the rug now (bless him, his little backend had got a bit mucky which never happens which is part of the reason I got so worried, he's such a fastidious little bun about his cleanliness) and lookng miles better.

Thanks again everyone :D

Back