• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyones bunnies have a water drinking routine??

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
My Inca goes to the water bowl, bites the side of the bowl and makes a clinking noise with her teeth on the bowl, then drinks the water.....she does it every time she has a drink, rather bizarre methinks!

bisc won't drink from the bowls unless the water is moving! :shock: he bites the bowl and moves it and then drinks! splashing water everywhere and over himself in the process! :roll: when he had bottles, he used to whack them first and then drink!

bisc is a definite ocd bunny. he has quite a few strange habits! :roll::lol:

Holly checks theres water in the bowl even on the rare occasion she dont drink :shock:

she also puts her mouth right in and at the furthest part of the bowl away from her... nutter she is :lol::lol::lol:

I wish to goodness my bun did.
For about 3 1/2 years he'd only drink about every 3 months! Now I'm lucky if he drinks every 2 weeks AND he gets bloomin' dehydrated!! AND for 5 whole years he's had fresh water daily in every room!!!
I've even sussed out the right height & shaped bowl so he doesn't get his little dewlap wet.:roll:

My Inca goes to the water bowl, bites the side of the bowl and makes a clinking noise with her teeth on the bowl, then drinks the water.....she does it every time she has a drink, rather bizarre methinks!

Yep Poppy does EXACTLY the same! :shock::lol: 'chink chink' she goes on the side and then starts drinking :lol: We have had many theories over this odd behaviour but alteast I know who is drinking behind the sofa without looking!

Nino however has about one drink a day:roll:, sticks his whole chin in the bowl and sucks it up! :lol:

Buns are funny things :lol:

Back