• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loss followed by bonding

Bunny Manor

Young Bun
Last week my lovely Nutmeg left us. She was only 2 1/2 years old. Since I had her she was partnered with my Hunny Bunny, they were so fab together, always loving eachother with groming knowing exactly what the other needed and when, they had such a close partnership. When she died I was devastated and worried about Hunny Bunny as he wasn't himself. He did see her and say his goodbyes.
I had a single female house rabbit. I put them in an area along side each other and no real interest so the next day I moved them in with each other, Lots of Hunny Bunny chasing Sweet pea, with Sweet Pea running away, no aggression.
After 18 hours of this I saw the sweetest thing. Sweet Pea was giving Hunny Bunny lots of kisses. I was so happy that Hunny Bunny and Sweet pea were happy.
But I have now lost two bunnies, one to the bridge and one outside! I now spend a lot of time outside with my 5 bunnies as I feel lonely without my house rabbit!

I am happy for your buns and know how you feel about your house bunny,my house bunny has decided to bond himself to my outside bunnies and seemed to prefer being out so he lives in the playhouse now:(.Could you not get a bun that does not like rabbit company to live inside?somebody suggested it to me but oh said no as we have 5 already:roll:

That's lovely though I know what you mean about missing your indoor bunny.
Perhaps a visit to a rescue is in order;)

Back