• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who to fundraise for?

I am hoping to do a fundraising bungee jump for charity and want to know that the money raised will go somewhere important, does anyone have any suggestions of where I can do it for other than the 'big' ones such as RSPCA or Dogs Trust?

I am hoping to do a fundraising bungee jump for charity and want to know that the money raised will go somewhere important, does anyone have any suggestions of where I can do it for other than the 'big' ones such as RSPCA or Dogs Trust?

Rainbow Rabbits would be my choice.....especially as I know her vets bills are over a thousand pounds just for the last 2 weeks or so.
Good luck!!

theres a pledge a pound fundraiser running at the moment with a lot of the forgotten rescues listed, you could have a browse down that list and pick one close enough for you to visit and see how your money has helped :D:D:D

eta - if you was thinking more cats and dogs you could contact your local vets and see what rescues they have on their books

Last edited:
As Donna has said the pledge a £1 thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=235259 has a list of rescues that get little to no funding, perhaps you could choose one or more from the list that hasn't had a fundraiser - as you can see from this thread what a difference a donation can make http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=234642

A lot of rescues are full at the moment and they are unable to take anymore rabbits in, some of it is due to lack of funds and not being able to have rabbits neutered so they can be rehomed, so by supporting a rescue you could be helping a bunny find a forever home:D
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3703275#post3703275 post 306

Good luck with your jump I wish I had the nerve to do one:wave:

I currently run Walsall RSPCA. I can assure you RSPCA branches are all individually and have to pay headquarters to use the RSPCA name etc, so we arent big charities ;)

My choice would be Rainbow Rabbits too :) xXx

I agree with donnamt & Hunnybunny2007 - there are many rescues on here that virtually receive no funds from RU as fundraisers :( For example Rosie's Rabbit Rescue was one of the first rescues to receive a donation of £60 from the pledge a £ thread. It was the first donation she'd had all winter & was on the verge of asking other rescues to take in her buns because she was struggling so much :cry:

If you are looking for a rescue connected with RU, I'd look at how many fundraisers each rescue has on here & perhaps go for one or more that receive very little by way of donations from RU :)

Good luck with your jump - you are definitely braver than me!!! :shock: :D

Well done for wanting to help a good cause:D
Normally a sponsored bungee jump raises quite a large amount so you could choose two or even three smaller rescues to help

I could suggest Honeybunnies but then I'm biased!:lol::lol:

There's so many rescues that are worthy.....orrr there's Bunnyhops, they was broken into last week and had hutches etc stolen .....hmmm decisions decisions!! :lol:

Good luck with the jump :D

Just a thought if you're looking to support a few rescues, could I suggest Bunnyhops Rescue in Bolton run by kayj on here? :wave:

They have had some horrendous bad luck over the last 12 months & I know Kay & David are looking to have CCTV installed due to being burgled twice recently :cry: This will help the rescue in a massive way :)

Kay's thread will tell you more about what they've been through :(

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=235277

There's so many rescues that are worthy.....orrr there's Bunnyhops, they was broken into last week and had hutches etc stolen .....hmmm decisions decisions!! :lol:

Good luck with the jump :D

Great minds think alike eh lildebs? :wave: :lol:

Southampton Rabbit rescue don't get any help on here either :(

Rainbow Rabbits is always a good one

I always think a local rescue to you would be a good idea. I agee with someone's comments that Rosie's Rabbits are thinking of closing down due to the sheer angst of vet bills. And I know she really tries so hard.

So, how about supporting a less know rescue? Just make sure they neuter and vaccinate their bunnies:D

All rescues/sanctuaries on here are desperate for help, so a local one may make your choice easier.:D

Alice

Do you have a rescue local to you that you could visit and see what they do? As others have said there are a lot of rescues that are not so publicised on here that need help. Depending on how much you raise you could split it.

Back