• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry - G.Pig question re lice in long hair...

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
She came to me with them and the vet has been trying to get rid of them for over a month now. She resorted to shaving her yesterday so little Penelope looks like Tina Turner at the front and Uncle Fester from the back!!! I have bought a soft toothbrush so I can brush her everyday to try to get rid of any stray nits. The vet suggested a bath.

Anyone any experience/suggestions for how I can help her? I'm keeping her inside with her friend - Hazel until her hair grows a bit - is this necessary?

Oh the joys!!!!

Oh no :( poor you! I'm not sure if Spot On treats lice? Is much more effective than what the vet uses if so though xx

Oh no :( poor you! I'm not sure if Spot On treats lice? Is much more effective than what the vet uses if so though xx

She mentioned spot on but said it was too strong for Guinea pigs :? Am about to lift her now and give her a brush with her new toothbrush!!!

She mentioned spot on but said it was too strong for Guinea pigs :? Am about to lift her now and give her a brush with her new toothbrush!!!

I used it on mine and it was fine

The piggie people (that makes them sound like mole people :shock:) told me to use athlete's foot medicine on my piggies, when I asked the vet she nearly had a heart attack.

I think if other people have used it it should be fine, it's made for piggies. She might only be aware of the dog one :?

I used it on mine and it was fine

The piggie people (that makes them sound like mole people :shock:) told me to use athlete's foot medicine on my piggies, when I asked the vet she nearly had a heart attack.

I think if other people have used it it should be fine, it's made for piggies. She might only be aware of the dog one :?

Hmmm. I'll maybe try it if this doesn't clear it up. Hazel is great and getting fat. We've renamed them Fatso and Baldy!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

And they've let you out to play early on here, bless 'em!:wave:

I know!! I have a friend coming at 9 to learn how to look after the animals for me! So I'll be logging off. Actually, better log of about 8 to go clean the bathroom in case she needs to go!! :oops:

Hmmm. I'll maybe try it if this doesn't clear it up. Hazel is great and getting fat. We've renamed them Fatso and Baldy!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I know my little Gizmo has gotten huuuge! they just balloon in no time

So glad they're doing well

She didn't like it!! And it was as much use as a chocolate teapot!!! I'm not very good at brushing bald guineapigs with a toothbrush!! I think any nits there may have been just got brushed somewhere else on her body!! :roll:

She was shaking, poor thing so I held her until she stopped and gave her some basil leaves. Then she snuggled in and went to sleep in my arms :love: I know it's silly but I tried to send her some vibes that she was safe and loved and I prayed for her :cry: She's had such a bad start in life. Of course I'm gonna have to take my inhaler and antihistimine and wash my jacket as I'm now allergic to it, but my babies aren't goin nowhere! They're staying should it kill me!!:lol:

Aww bless your little cotton socks

:cry: she will soon forget that bad start because you love her and care for her so much

The beaphar Anti-Parasite Spot On can be used on guinea pigs and treats lice etc

also contains ivermectin

Back