• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small poos help! U/D Another U/D this evening

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Timmys poos are smaller than usual today :( They're quite dark aswell. He's eating ok, probably not drinking enough for how hot it is but I have seen him drink abit.

Do I need to panic yet? Shall I syringe him some water?? Am in a complete tired daze from my camping night last night!

xxx

Last edited:
Hey hun, has he eaten any less that usual? Bobby's poops were smaller and darker when it was really hot and she was being a bit picky

Hey hun, has he eaten any less that usual? Bobby's poops were smaller and darker when it was really hot and she was being a bit picky

Yeh he is being abit pickier than usual I suppose. He didnt wolf down his grass with as much vigour as usual :? How small were Bobbys poos? It is sooo hot here and we havent had the afternoon thunder storm to cool it down as usual.

Ive syringed him some water and now hes munching on some hay. Im so worried about him :?

One of ours has a few small poops I think it's Smudge cos I caught him eating a tissue he'd found under the bed. I've given him lots of fresh hay and he'll have his veggies in a moment so I can check if he's eating.

One of ours has a few small poops I think it's Smudge cos I caught him eating a tissue he'd found under the bed. I've given him lots of fresh hay and he'll have his veggies in a moment so I can check if he's eating.

Oh no not one of yours too :(
I am just presuming that its Timmy doing the small poos coz they look more like his (just alot smaller) and Mimis been eating loads of hay and drinking well, whereas timmys got abit lazy in the heat and just likes to flop out most of the day. Plus I found some in Timmys favourite sleeping spot ie. my draw :roll:
Its such a worry :?
What are you going to do with Smudge? Ive syringed Timmy some water and massaged his tum, not sure what else I can do for now.
Vibes for Smudge xxxx

They're not tiny tiny, just smaller than usual so I'm not worrying too much. Just going to keep offering fresh hay more than usual.

Timmys are about *goes off to get ruler* 8mm across (diameter?!) does that sound too small? How big are Smudges?

Here we go with the poo obsessing again :roll::lol:

possibly heading for a slow down, if they aint squishable id deffo keep a very close eye on her and maby give so very very wet veg to get water in :wave::wave:

ive given Alvin a chunk of cucumber when hes been in stasis before.

keep her moving and eating and she should be ok... fingers crossed xxxx

Timmys are about *goes off to get ruler* 8mm across (diameter?!) does that sound too small? How big are Smudges?

:lol:

Hang on I'll go measure!

About the same, in fact they are starting to look a bit bigger and more golden than they did earlier.

They'll all tucking into their dinner which includes bramble leaves which should help their tummies.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. Im so worried about him :( Good thing is he is eating lots of hay. I'll syringe him more water before I go to bed I think, and might chase him around in abit to get him moving. Its thankfully cooling down abit now so hopefully they'll have their mad half hour in abit.

Last edited:
*snort*

Hang on I'll go measure!

About the same, in fact they are starting to look a bit bigger and more golden than they did earlier.

They'll all tucking into their dinner which includes bramble leaves which should help their tummies.

Glad to hear they're improving, hopefully whoever was producing them is making a comeback!
Ok i'll try not to worry then (yeh right!)
Btw is it hot where you are today? Im wondering if its the heat thats caused it :roll:

Has he been eating? Does he have history of tummy or toothy problems?

Yes hes eating ok. I keep rustling the hay bag which always tempts him, obviously hay is much nicer straight from the bag!
He's never had any tooth problems, and they were checked at the vet a few days ago. Hes had a mild bout of stasis once when he was about 5 months old.
I should say aswell that hes moulting quite heavily at the moment :(

May be the fur then. Smudge is a very furry baby. I'm pretty sure it's the tissue he demolished half of though. :roll: It's not as hot here as it has been but still warm.

Thanks Schuette, yeh I was thinking its probably something to do with his moult. Ive been grooming and plucking the poor boy to within an inch of his (and my) life but theres still loads coming off him :censored:
He's just having his evening explore with Mimi, hes brighter now its cooled down, so Im taking that as a good sign?

Sorry hun had to pop out washing machine broken agghr.. Bobby usually has 1.5cm in diameter well when she was hot and got more picky they were about half the size of that and mush much darker and really hard. I did as Donna said and gave her veg soaked in water and got the frozen bottles out which she lay by most of the day. I notice when she doesn't eat as much hay her poops are smaller too.. ATM they are massive and Golden but the weather here is milder so I am sure the heat has a lot to answer for:evil:

Back