• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Damn Stasis......again! :(

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I went to give Fudge her dinner last night at the same time as i always do 5.30pm, She wasnt herself right away didnt come out her cage, i put her bowl infront of her and she moved away.

So out came the metacam, and hour later and still the same. So i put my head up to her tummy and there was complete silence so i thought zantac is wots needed although she refused to take it and thats not like her so i had to wrap her in a towel and give her it :( dont like doing it that way but she needed it.

Another hour later and i find her sitting under my desk in a puddle of wee :( i cleaned her up, got out her heat pad and put her on my bed and we lay together trying to keep her warm until this morning. I had fallen asleep at 4ish and woken at 5.30 to find her back under my desk. I reheated the heatpad and put it in her cage, sat her ontop of it and put blankets and her teddy round her to keep warm (She just couldnt get her body temp up)

I rang the vets and got an app for this evening 4.10 earliest i could get, so i gave her more metacam and half an hour later she had a nibble of 3 pieces of pellets. I got my sister to look after her while i was gone and i phoned every hour to check she was ok.

My sister said she started eating little bits at about 11.20 so i felt happier she was eating something. Got home at 2 and gave her more pellets and she slowly ate them :) aswel as taking a nibble out of me :roll:

She looks tired and feels boney and still has slightly cold ears. This has been the worst and longest stasis so far, i just hope she doesnt need to get kept in over night. I dont know weither it was to do with her teeth of her tummy but metacam at the highest dose didnt seem to make a big difference :?

Ive been praying for my little girl all day and night hoping for a miricle. I shed a few tears on my way to work aswel. i thought this was the end, but my baby is holding on for now.

Fingers crossed she is on the mend and gets better. It was 2 weeks since her last stasis episode :( i wish i knew the cause!

ETA: forgot to say she didnt poop at all, but this morning she went for a wee in her litter tray and it was really strong! and she done her poop shes ment to eat. and when i got home there was tiny tiny poops in her cage :)

Last edited:
hope shes ok xxxxx

this episode is probably still connected to the last time two weeks ago, these tummies seem to take forever to get back on track... have you been giving brambles? they have done wonders for Alvin :love::love:

sending vibes for your little girl,I'm on constant eating/pooing watch with Ozzie-the slightest thing seems to set him off :(

Yesterday afternoon before going to the vets she was still picking at her food but really slowly so off we went to the vets and he had a good old check of her and said it could be down to the pain from her dental disease :(

He was happy that she had started picking at food and was passing something so he said to keep going with the metacam and zantac and tempt her with tasty food. He gave me some recovery food sachets just incase she stopped eating again and was told if she didnt inprove by Thursday morning to take her in for tests.

When we got home she seemed to take a step back and wouldnt even sniff her food, she sat looking miserable so i tucked her in bed with me again to keep her warm. At about 6.30 last night she jumped down from my bed and went an nibbled a pellet. She hadnt drank in 24hours so i boiled some water and she took it no bother from the syringe.

I really think the water helped cause 15mins after giving her water she nibbled more food and had a big drink and then ate all her food :D

She was looking for more food so i gave her some more along with a big bunch of dried herbs and hay but she wasnt interested.

I left her alone for 20mins and went back to check on her and found loads of nice round poops all over my bed and a very happy looking bunny came jumping of the bed and came over for nose rubs :love:

She was much better this morning, bouncing off the walls for brekkie and happy :D:love:

Her poop is still not 100% but as long as she is eating im happy. Ive to keep her on metacam for a week and zantac for 2 more days.

I deffinately swear by those heat pads, i believe if she wasnt kept warm she wouldnt have survived. Plus she loves it :roll:

I can only hope thats the last of the stasis for this year, fingers crossed cause i dont think my stress levels can take anymore :roll::lol:

What good news I am so pleased that she nommed her food up!

Gosh I am sooo glad *touches wood* that I have not had to deal with a statis bun

Back