• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crow with broken leg.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
At the moment we are looking after a Crow in our garden with a broken leg, he can fly but has tended to stay in our garden in the same place, I've put out fresh water and food for him everyday but we can't get near him as he flies off but I can see he is in a lot of pain with his leg and I know infection will set in and no doubt kill him. We have rang the R.S.P.B for advice but before we got chance to say we were ringing for some advice she told us to ring our vet or the R.S.P.C.A. as they are not a rescue centre or charity which I thought was quite rude really. As soon as we said it could fly she said 'well leave it'. If we could catch it then I would take it to a wildlife centre but it just flies off but comes back soon after.
I'm not a lover of big birds especially Crows and Rooks but at the end of the day I don't want to see anything suffer and we will help as much as the bird will allow us to.

6-7-10004.jpg

6-7-10003.jpg

6-7-10001.jpg

Last edited:
unless you can get near it theres not much tbh.
Crows are very inqisitive maybe you can play on this to trap him
so he can get the help he needs.

Poor thing. :( Unfortunately, the RSPCA/vet would almost certainly just PTS, as cros are seen as a pest, so it's best just to leave him. One of our resident pair had some sort of leg injury. Here's hoping your boy recovers ok.

Back