• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No one to look after buns..... gonna have to cancel our holiday!

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
My sister was going to come and sit the bunnies when we went away at the end of August.

Now she has cancelled as she is going on holiday too. And she told me YESTERDAY. The full balance of the holiday is due in 3 weeks and we scrimped and saved to afford to go.

We can take Earl with us, but it leaves the 4 outside. My neighbour would watch them but they wouldnt clean them out- they are in their 80's and if one of them jumped out the hutch (like they do) they would never catch them!

I have contacted some pet sitters but because of the notice they are all fully booked!

I cant afford to pay more than £15 per day. I only want one visit in the morning and my neighbours can put them in at night!

What shall I do. If I havent found a solution I will have to cancel the holiday tomorrow- and loose my deposit :(

i don't think you're too far from me - send me all the details and dates and i'll see if i can help out:)

What is your outside set-up? How long are you away for? Could you afford to buy a run that is attached to the hutch? If it had a removable roof, then your elderly neighbours could just open the hutch door in the morning and scatter food.

Do any neighbours have a young person or responsible older child who could help you out for payment?

What is your outside set-up? How long are you away for? Could you afford to buy a run that is attached to the hutch? If it had a removable roof, then your elderly neighbours could just open the hutch door in the morning and scatter food.

Do any neighbours have a young person or responsible older child who could help you out for payment?

No, the one side has tiny kids, the other side have kids who are in their 40's and have kids themselves. :(

The rruns are attached. Problem is with them- last time I went away, we got back early and found her in the run feeding the bunnies loads of cabbage etc . They always do it! And because Noodle has 3 legs she keeps overfeeding her.

We went away for 2 days before and got back to a bowl FULL to the brim with food and no hay. She doesnt get it even though we have explained like 100 times.

We went away in May and my brother sat them, and when he was out she swapped their food for bunny mix instead of excel! Just swapped it clean over.....i think they a re going a bit senile.........

No, the one side has tiny kids, the other side have kids who are in their 40's and have kids themselves. :(

The rruns are attached. Problem is with them- last time I went away, we got back early and found her in the run feeding the bunnies loads of cabbage etc . They always do it! And because Noodle has 3 legs she keeps overfeeding her.

We went away for 2 days before and got back to a bowl FULL to the brim with food and no hay. She doesnt get it even though we have explained like 100 times.

We went away in May and my brother sat them, and when he was out she swapped their food for bunny mix instead of excel! Just swapped it clean over.....i think they a re going a bit senile.........

havnt you got a friend who could do it? . i think your sister should have given you some more warning about this hey since she promised to have them make her pay for pet sitter lol
im very lucky i have a friend who travels from london to have my zoo ;)
if you feel you cant trust your neighbours on either side and dont have a friend who can pop in, if your brother cant do it this time try all local pets sitters
watch it some are expensive you could also try local dog walkers they sometimes do a checking and feeding of other animals service too
some pet shops provide this service too
there must be someone who can help you out
good luck ann

Have you tried asking your local vet?

I know ours have bunny sitting adverts all over their noticeboard ....maybe they could give you a contact or two in your area.

:lol: bless your neighbour - boring food:roll: mine have has tasty bramble leaves, dandelions and roses for breakfast today:D

Glad you sorted something!

I would have loved to help, im off college untill september and i dont have a job, i just volunteer at a local animal rescue. They could have free ranged for most of the day when im at home.

Shame im so far away.

Lucky you poppymoon!! :)

I didnt know you could give bunnies bramble leaves, learn something new every day!
Glad you were able to sort a bunny sitter out.

Back