• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

visit to emergency vet last night

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
:cry:

I heard a squeal last night and either my dog had pushed the run or Mae had squeezed her way out, Mae was under the hutch terified tryingto get away from the dog, she was so scared she ran into my arms (she doesnt like me normally) she was all floppy and panting, she started to mouth breath so we ended up at the emergency vets becuse i couldnt live with myself if she had died and i did nothing :(

Luckily the dog hadnt got to her and this morning she waswaiting for her pellets and tobe let into the run :love:

I feel like such a fool, I have been nagging my dad to bolt the run to the hutch but he hasnt, and then he told me the trip was a waste of money and i should sell the bunnys :cry:

is there anything else i can do to makesure she carres on eating?

Glad she seems okay now. I would offer her her favourites treats every now and then so you can monitor her throughout the day to see if shes eating. I would also make sure the dog can get no where near her hutch again even once its made safe as the sight alone could scare her now she knows the dog is a threat. The dog may also be more determined to get her as he knows its more possible so he may be extra interested and freak her out more. Hope she carries on eating bless her.

well done for being so quick and seeing a vet this is whats needed by bunny owners. Just watch over next few days for signs of stress as once buns have been really scared at can take couple of days for stress to show but bun should be ok.
Def keep dog out of way of bunny, and dad was probably only mad because of the cost but hes part of buns life also and cant just get rid of something because it needs money spent on it he should have checked all these facts before allowing you to have bunnies. (I bet hes calmed down now anyway)
just keep checking buns eating but if you hear anymore funny breathing or snuffles ring vet. This is stress and needs antibiotics otherwise it can turn to far nastier infection.
hop along to our page for more tips etc www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com

Glad you managed to get to your bun in time and to a vet to check Mae was okay.

If your Dad did not love you and had a soft spot for the bun he would not have taken you to the vets last night. How about letting him know just how much you appreciate his help - have a think what your Dad values most to know he has been appreciated- a card, someone making him a cake, a big hug...

Most men moan a lot after they have rushed off on an emergency errand and found everything is okay.:lol:

Glad you managed to get to your bun in time and to a vet to check Mae was okay.

If your Dad did not love you and had a soft spot for the bun he would not have taken you to the vets last night. How about letting him know just how much you appreciate his help - have a think what your Dad values most to know he has been appreciated- a card, someone making him a cake, a big hug...

Most men moan a lot after they have rushed off on an emergency errand and found everything is okay.:lol:

He didn't take me my mum did :p
I just couldn't of lived with myself if she had died and I hadn't been to the vets. She is chomping on some mint and having snuggled with her mr :) I'll deffinatly keep an eye on her, she'll be straight back if she even looks odd.
The vet said I must take good care of them, do people just leave thier animals? She could of been really hurt :s

Back