• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice-eric has eaten ribbon

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
I'm finishing off some crafty stuff and just saw Eric with what I thought was hay sticking out of his mouth. Then I realised it was a piece of ribbon. I tried to catch him, impossible til I moved a heavy sideboard out of the way but too late. He proudly finished it off.

It was about 3mm wide and just over 2 inches long. Oh hell.

Now he's stressed cos we had a frantic chase. Should I watch him for a while for poop or ring the vet now?

There's nothng to be done Wendy i'm afraid once it's been swallowed. Just lots and lots of hay and plenty of wet greens/leaves, brambles the usual high fibre and hydrating plants and hopefully Eric will pass it through the other end over the next 48 hours with no probs. x

What material was it? It will probably pass out as a couple of strung droppings. Judy's Thumper ate a much longer piece of garden twine and passed that out no probs too and Nino has eaten a glass bead :shock: I gave up doing crafty stuff with the buns around :roll::lol:

Am sure Eric will be fine, don't worry x

thank you! Blooming buns really are trying to finish me off. It was a bit of satin ribbon. Huh, I wanted that bit too. I don't do stuff on the floor while Eric's around but this had been on my lap-best close the windows too.

I think he was more shocked that I moved his hidey hole cupboard and grabbed him! No idea where that surge of strength came from!

I think it'll pass ok. The advice above is fab - lots of water and wet greens. Lucky likes eating my carpet and has furry poos. :roll:

I hope it passes through ok. Perhaps Eric has decided to start making his own line of jewellery - all completely handmade. ;) :mrgreen:

I hope it passes through ok. Perhaps Eric has decided to start making his own line of jewellery - all completely handmade. ;) :mrgreen:

complete with exquisite speckled pearls:roll: he's a blooming nightmare today:evil:

the funniest thing ever was at christmas, we had them lollies from boots with jelly santas on. I ate one and left the paper stick on the floor, next thing I know earl is chewing it like a piece of hay. i snatched it off him and put it on the windosill.

Next morning we got up, I pulled his bowl out to put food in - and the blighter had took the stick off the windowsill by getting on the sofa, then took it to his cage and hid it under his bowl!!! The end was shaped like a fan where he had chewed it to death to get the sugar residue off!!!

the funniest thing ever was at christmas, we had them lollies from boots with jelly santas on. I ate one and left the paper stick on the floor, next thing I know earl is chewing it like a piece of hay. i snatched it off him and put it on the windosill.

Next morning we got up, I pulled his bowl out to put food in - and the blighter had took the stick off the windowsill by getting on the sofa, then took it to his cage and hid it under his bowl!!! The end was shaped like a fan where he had chewed it to death to get the sugar residue off!!!

wht an inteligent bunny :lol:

i love cheeky bunnies (especially when they're other people's!). maybe you should remind earl that he has to look after the teefs he has left - no more lollies:D

Blackberry: Eric, you are very naughty to eat ribbon!

Dandelion: Yeah, but I'm sure you'll soon be forgiven. Just act cute for a bit.

Clover: Perhaps it was a girly pink ribbon? Girly pink ribbons need to be destroyed.:evil:

Buttercup: Huh? What am I missing?

eric: no way would i put da pink ribbon in my mouf - it looks like worms and they scare me:shock: i thort it was hay but mummy says hay ain't white and i'm a silly bunny:( it tasted nice anyways:D

Back