• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of sheds attached to aviaries...please!

Hanlou

Mama Doe
Well I've done tons of searches but I've had no real success so far! We've put our shed up today and hopefully the aviary will arrive very shortly. :)

The aviary will be taller than the shed though...... and we're wondering how to attach the two. The shed is a full height shed but the eaves aren't 6ft tall and the aviary will be. I'd love to see some pics of sheds and full height aviaries and how they are attached - pretty please!!! :wave: xx

The shed is an apex shed and the aviary will be attached to the left hand side of it - a cat flap has already been fitted. I have got some pics of the shed I can upload if necessary.

Any help very much appreciated! :D xx

(Am so excited - have got the lino' and have ordered insulation and roofing sheets for the aviary today too! Getting there!)

Here's mine. I'm really sorry but I don't know how it's attached - it might even not technically be attached, just shoved together.

Randompics019.jpg

Thank you for the replies! :D

Stator - that's a good idea..... shall show my beloved and see what he says. The problem is that the eaves are sort of in the way as it's an apex shed and the aviary is supposed to attach to the side..........

Another idea we've had is to make a mesh / wood 'tunnel' between the cat flap itself and the aviary. So we'd build the aviary as a complete whole and then attach the tunnel to the aviary using the door part from 'Runaround' - probably with one of their burrow pipes attached so there's no 'drop' from the tunnel to the aviary. It sounds complicated but I think it may be the easiest way of doing it. :p xx

Insulation for the shed and the bitumen (Onduline) roof panels arrived today so we do have just about everything we need now. Just need the time and my husband to be able to put it all together lol. ;) xx

Back