• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Suddenly Won't Stop Digging

Hi My lovely rabbits I have had for a couple of years have suddenly started eating every shrub and bush in sight, one in particular has started digging deep on the ajoining fence. I am worried that she may get out. We have just re done the garden so this may be the reason. I am thinking of getting a run instead of letting them enjoy their freedom, which would be a shame. Has anyone got any suggestions? Chris:

I think you should maybe put in a request to have this thread moved to rabbit chat or perhaps behaviour/housing.

This section is just for help with working your way around the forum, which is possibly why you havent had any replies yet.

With reguards to the digging, can you put some sort of mesh that goes from the bottom of the fence into the ground so they cant escape? As long as none of your plants are poisonous and their munching doesnt bother you then free ranging shouldnt be a problem.

BUT

If your buns cant free range in your garden for whatever reason, a run is the best idea. They arent always that big though and can be quite expensive, you could always build your own. I think the best ones are the metal ones with panels that you can add on to make it bigger. They are about £30, im going to invest in a couple i think.

Hope this helps, i didnt want to read and run because noone replied to you. :wave:

Back