• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is Cagney

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Took this lovely little girl in yesterday, she has a really sad story

Cagney was living with her sister Lacey and has been for 6 years, they have been taken to the vet regularly but the vet never told the owner that they should have hay every day or that they should be neutered, the sister had a prolapsed rectum and died, Cagney was left on her own and so the she thought she would get her another friend, when we checked Cagney over and we took her to our vet it appears that she has mammory tumours, she has grade 4-5 dental disease and needed 5 of her teeth clipping straight away and she also has deformed front legs.

The owners vet has never did a dental on this bunny and never noticed her tumours :shock: :shock:

The owner has given the rabbit over into our care because she doesn't think she can cope with her medications and care any more, hardly surprising when I tell you that her owner is 91 years old and her husband is 89 years old, they dearly love the bunny but just cannot give her the care she needs, they have asked if they can visit every week or so and have already made arrangements to come and visit

Beautiful Cagney

Cagney002x2.jpg

Cagney007x2.jpg

I really feel that this owner has been badly let down by her vet :cry:

We have booked her in with Paula on Thursday to seeif she can remove any of the tumours. of course she hasn't been neutered wither so I have no doubt that she will have uterine cancer as well:cry::cry:, will wait to see what the vet thinks

:cry::cry::cry: Poor little sweetheart Theo - so, so sad her owners have been so ill advised by their vet :cry: Thank goodness she's now with you, lots & lots of vibes for little Cagner :love: xx

Oh, she's so pretty! :love: I really hope her old owners will be able to visit her regulary. They sound like they did everything they could for her. What a shame the vet was so rubbish. :(

I hope her vets appointment will go well and you'll have some good news to pass on to her owners. :)

We have booked her in with Paula on Thursday to seeif she can remove any of the tumours. of course she hasn't been neutered wither so I have no doubt that she will have uterine cancer as well:cry::cry:, will wait to see what the vet thinks

I don't think I would risk it personally sounds a bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. I would concentrate on making her time remaining as good as possible and lots of pain relief etc, with what she has already endured in losing her partner and the stress of moving etc I don't rate her chances of coping with that sort of surgery. Of course the vet will advise you, I am just offering my opinion based on her story. Poor old girl, I hope she has some enjoyable times and lots of love in her twighlight years.

Its appaling that in all the time her owners were taking the buns to the vet, that they weren't given basic welfare advice. I've been with 2 vet practices in the 18 months I've had my two and both took the "assume she knows nothing" approach when I registered and gave me so much information and advice.

huge vibes for Cagney, I hope she can enjoy a happy, pain-free time with you.xx

Yes, this gorgeous little girl was badly let down by her previous vet and that makes me so cross because the only one to suffer is the animal.

Hopefully Paula will be able to do something for her and make her life easier, will keep you all updated

aww bless, thats so sad that the owner loves her and did what they could but this is a vets fault!

appalling but not at all shocking that vets can get away with this, so very sad. I myself am mortified to have a bunny die of flystrike when I was younger, but no1 ever warned us of the risk. She wasn't spayed, she lived alone. I feel so responsible. The elderly owners must feel awful :(

Took this gorgeous little girl to see my wonderful vet Paula today, Cagney has mammory tumours on every nipple and Paula thinks she could have uterine cancer but is not sure, she has the most appalling teeth or should I say the lack of them, she has a few broken stumps and many gaps where teeth are missing, Paula has put her on antibiotics to see if we can get her well enough to operate on at a later date

Paula has done this operation before, Missy arrived with exactly the same symptoms and she too had uterine cancer, Paula operated and she was given nearly 2 very happy years here.

Just hope we can get Cagney fit enough for the op

Oh poor Cagney, what a lot to contend with :(

I hope your vet can work her magic again and give her lots of time with you, lots of vibes xx

Back