• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When bunnies have a wash .....

Bitzy

Mama Doe
.......why do they do that little boxing thing beforehand?

Mine both do it every single time. Is it maybe to shake off any muck that might be on their paws before they start washing??

.......why do they do that little boxing thing beforehand?

Mine both do it every single time. Is it maybe to shake off any muck that might be on their paws before they start washing??

I have always wondered this.... but never thought to ask! :lol:

My friend suggested it might be to cover their nails with their fur so they don't scratch themselves!?!?

It's actually totally adorable, isn't it? :love: I've always thought they were flicking the dirt off - 'you wouldn't wash your face with dirty paws...' ;):lol: Wildie buns do it too.

ive no idea, but when mowgli used to do this he sounded like an elephant boxing :lol:

i'll go and ask the buns why they do it, though they won't tell me their secret :oops::lol:

maybe they think they are shaking any dirt off their paws first :?

I remember askig the same question when I first joined here :lol:

I think they are flicking imaginary mud off their paws to avoid wipiing it on their faces. :)

I think it looks like they are shaking their hands out of their sleeves, as if they are wearing a shirt!!

Its too cute.

I think it's to get the dirt of also:)

I love it when uppy eared buns pull them down to wash them :love::love:

That is the cutest thing ever, especially when they're so intent on washing their ear they haven't noticed it's escaped ... I'm like, Barnaby, you're just washing your paw now dude ... :love:

Back