• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prudence

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

The vets have rung. It is an abscess on her face not a tumour, which for a minute I thought was good news, but it actually isn't much better really.

We don't know what is causing it, its not dental related and they cannot remove the capsule whole as there is not enough soft tissue.

I had to make a split second decision so have gone with putting her under ( she has irregular heart beats so its a risk, plus one nostril is severely compromised) so the vet can have a good look around to see what is going on and try to remove as much pus as possible.

Best case senario, we can make her comfortable and give her a few more weeks or months with on going treatment.

Worst case, it has spread into her bones and is attached to all sorts of things and there is nothing we can do. they have already told me that it is pressing her soft pallet out of shape :?

So I am now waiting for the phone to ring to either say, she is OK for now, or that it is a mess and I need to decide whether to let her go while she is still under...................

To say things are rough are an understatement.
My fondest thoughts for you, Prudence and all your gang.xxxx

What a horrible decision to have to make:cry:
Sending loads of vibes your way, praying for positive news for you and Prudence xxx

FFS :shock: I have just found what appears to be an abscess at the base of Daisy's ear and a strange pink lump on Roxy's side :(:(

Don't know if I dare continue to clean their litter trays goodness knows what I will discover next :cry::cry:

oh dear! thinking of you. it is so harsh for you to have to face so much, every day. really, thinking of you and steve and your bunnies.

Yayyy :)

Prudence is awake and hopefully not doing too badly :)

They managed to clean a lot more out than they hoped but couldn't find the cause. So at least Pru now has a chance :)

Daisy is booked in for the morning so hopefully we should be able to collect Prudence then :D

That's good news.....at least these wee snippets of happiness must make it all a bit more worthwhile :)

Horray Prudence :love:
Hope Daisy's ear isn't anything serious.
1Was going to text you to see how Pru had got on but was too scared :oops:

Horray Prudence :love:
Hope Daisy's ear isn't anything serious.
1Was going to text you to see how Pru had got on but was too scared :oops:

I can understand that, think how I feel when the phones ringing :shock:

They couldn't remove the whole capsule, but they said they tried to break it down as much as possible to allow antibiotic penetration :)

Back