• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Run

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
My sister has split with her other half and is back home with mum, she has two beautiful lionheads and had a big permenant run in her previous garden and is just letting them run round the stable at the mo at my parents. They are used to dogs but mums terriers can be a little excitable so she wants a run that is secure so they can get used to the buns being there, they have never tried to get in with the buns but mum wants to makesure theres no risk int he day whjen shes about and that the run is predator proof. As most of you know my mum is not well and needs a run that is easy to move, the buns will still have run time in the stables but she doesnt want them to have a tiny run on the grass obviously, it needs to be one she can move if no-one is around in the day. I think the galvansied Trixies 7ftx3ft one is ideal with the metal wire roof.....

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638

What do you think?

I have this run, somebody on the forum's buns got their heads stuck in it :shock: but I've never had any problems with mine

I have this run, somebody on the forum's buns got their heads stuck in it :shock: but I've never had any problems with mine

Yes one of our bunnies, Hetty's and vikkivets bunnies have had their heads stuck in these :( I have got rid of mine now and wouldn;t use them again. Its a shame as they were good runs besides the bar spacing

Yes one of our bunnies, Hetty's and vikkivets bunnies have had their heads stuck in these :( I have got rid of mine now and wouldn;t use them again. Its a shame as they were good runs besides the bar spacing

:shock: oh god... is there a run you would recommend then?

The 6 x4 hexagon runs on zooplus are the best i've seen, but you can get them for £50 if you shop around, just make sure to get the one that is 76 cm high, not 60cm. I made that today and it makes all the difference. Good luck with your search x

The 6 x4 hexagon runs on zooplus are the best i've seen, but you can get them for £50 if you shop around, just make sure to get the one that is 76 cm high, not 60cm. I made that today and it makes all the difference. Good luck with your search x

But they only have net roofs dont they? Im a little worried that wouldnt be very secure?

I've got the trixie one and I would say the spacing is fine (for my buns), mine can't get their heads through them, Buzz is a small lionhead cross.

You could always put some chicken wire at the bottom bit of the run to make it extra safe from bunny heads getting stuck?

Ah yes they don't have the metal roofs like the rectangle ones- Mine are okay in them- never have any problems, even with stray dogs, cats wandering in. They can't get over the 70cm, but they would get over the 60cm ones easy.The rectangle ones are really good though. I like the one you posted.

We have the large metal trixie runs and (touching wood) have never had a problem. I also have a couple of large wooden houses which I put inside the runs for added shelter and the buns love that. A tarpaulin over the top finishes the job and provides shade and shelter from any rain.

hmmm perhaps the trixie would be ok with wire attached round the bottom.... my sisters lionheads are quite big, mums buying them a iglo hideaway with a tunnel so they feel safe in the run too.

I love my Trixie run and had no problems at all with it. Even my guinea pigs have spent loads of time in it and never gotten stuck!

I would really recommend it.

Back