• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finacard- Anyone use this for bedding down hutches?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I just bought 220l of it - just to try out. Does anyone else use this cardboard type of bedding.

Yep. I bought it to use for my rats cage, but cos it comes in such a big bale I figured I could use some in the rabbits cage. I have their litter tray in one corner and then the finacard on the floor around the litter tray and for about half of the hutch. The rest is hay. I think that makes sense?!

:)

xxx

I haven't got any bunnies currently but I use Finacard as a top layer over Megazorb for the piggies.

I use it for everything, bunnies, pigs, rats, hamsters, mice, chins and degus. All love it and it works well for me. I've been using it for quite a few years now and can't see me changing to anything else. They're also a really lovely helpful company :D

Thanks everyone! Yes it does make sense beckie :) Great- will have to stock up. Good price for the amount of litres you get.

Yes it does make sense beckie :)

Oh good!

Just to add, there's a similar type of thing called Ecobed, just squares rather than strips of cardboard, which is half the price, but you then have to pay postage so it works out at the same price lol, but is 22kg rather than 17kg (which is what the finacard bale weighs) and so lasts a little longer.

I'm trying finacard at the moment to see if it makes a difference in terms of smell for my lovely little rats, but I don't think it does :(, so I'll probably go back to Ecobed, just cos I get a little more for my money.

xxx

I've tried ecobed too. It does work out slightly cheaper but it's large flat squares which I found were less absorbent and less comfortable for the animals. It might be less of a concern with larger animals like rabbits but certainly my smaller animals prefer finacard as they can burrow into it and move it around more easily.

If you use lino on the floor you wont need to put it all over the place. Many people just use it things like this at the bottom of a litter tray and then ahve some carpet tiles on the floor if a rabbit finds the lino slippery.

Some rabbits assume that if the floor is covered with something that they have permission to wee and poo all over it ...

Thanks for that. Just looking for some cheap lino now online. Guess i'm just going to take a random pick on ebay and hope for the best :)

dont know about finocard, but the ecobed squares i found not very absorbant. The pee just trickled through and ended up pooling/soakiing into the floor.

Back