• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spudsey is STILL chasing BB!

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Over a month of being together and my wildie Spudsey is giving out mixed signals to poor BB :( One minute shes licking him and they're having nose rubs, the next she's chasing him round the run like she means business :shock: I've had to frequently go outside to have words with the little madam. O/h is convinced they should be seperated :?

my buns ALWAYS do it. Theo and Cleo have lived together 3 years. Each day they lie together and lick each other! Then if we come out he chases her- pulls her fur out , grunts at her etc.......

some couples are like that , like humans . Im afraid domestic violence is a part of animal life too :(

my buns ALWAYS do it. Theo and Cleo have lived together 3 years. Each day they lie together and lick each other! Then if we come out he chases her- pulls her fur out , grunts at her etc.......

some couples are like that , like humans . Im afraid domestic violence is a part of animal life too :(

Thanks for replying :wave: I am going to stop fretting now and this will be my last post on the subject :oops: Looks like BB is gonna have to just stick up for himself :roll: If Spudsey was easy to get hold of I would have shoved them both in the carrier for daily rides out to try and improve the bonding but it takes me a good half hour at least!
Has your bunny got an attractive fur pulled out look????

I only having a single bun at the moment so havent got advice, but wanted to say Id suppose yes theyre like humans, even if were with our soul mate were still gonna argue with them :lol:

I've had the same problem with my pair of wildies. Thistle (neutered boy) kept bullying Freddy (unspayed girl)...he kept chasing her around and biting her, but the next minute would be grooming her! :roll:

It actually got to the point where I split them up, but Thistle bullied his new partner even more, and Freddy actually became very dominant and bullied her new partner too.

I put Thistle and Freddy back together in the end, and they got on much better than during their previous relationship...so I think they muct have missed each other :lol: Thistle still sometimes chases Freddy, but not as much as before.

TBH I think wildies can be quite extreme and need a heirachy, whereas domestic buns seem happier to just rub along together.

I only having a single bun at the moment so havent got advice, but wanted to say Id suppose yes theyre like humans, even if were with our soul mate were still gonna argue with them :lol:

Its probably the poo-ing everywhere thats making her cross :lol: Spudsey is very clean and does all her poo's in one neat lickle pile :)

I've had the same problem with my pair of wildies. Thistle (neutered boy) kept bullying Freddy (unspayed girl)...he kept chasing her around and biting her, but the next minute would be grooming her! :roll:

It actually got to the point where I split them up, but Thistle bullied his new partner even more, and Freddy actually became very dominant and bullied her new partner too.

I put Thistle and Freddy back together in the end, and they got on much better than during their previous relationship...so I think they muct have missed each other :lol: Thistle still sometimes chases Freddy, but not as much as before.

TBH I think wildies can be quite extreme and need a heirachy, whereas domestic buns seem happier to just rub along together.

Ooh I didn't realise you had a pair of wildies :love: She was fine with her last bunny friend, he was the boss and although he did chase her in the beginning that was the end of it and they were best of friends. I can't believe how much of a madam she is being :shock:

Interestingly I read a magazine article recently, written by somebody who had done an experiment involving captive wild animals (inclusing wild rabbits). His conclusion was that captive wild animals display much more aggression to cage-mates than domestic animals.

I'm not really sure what conclusions to draw, but I guess wild animals naturally have more of a survival instinct and will defend their territory.

We always find tufts of hair in the run! Neither have ever drawn blood but after three years she is learning her place. If we put a treat in the run she is so used to him chasing her off- that she actually just runs off in advance now!

Interestingly I read a magazine article recently, written by somebody who had done an experiment involving captive wild animals (inclusing wild rabbits). His conclusion was that captive wild animals display much more aggression to cage-mates than domestic animals.

I'm not really sure what conclusions to draw, but I guess wild animals naturally have more of a survival instinct and will defend their territory.

V.interesting. Well I guess if no harm is coming to BB then they should be fine :roll: He's still eating, grooming himself etc and I read somewhere that if they stop doing these things then it could be because he fears the other rabbit.

We always find tufts of hair in the run! Neither have ever drawn blood but after three years she is learning her place. If we put a treat in the run she is so used to him chasing her off- that she actually just runs off in advance now!

That is exactly what is happening with my two! As soon as Spudsey heads in his direction he is gone! Spuds is just left standing there looking a bit confused "what did i do!?".

Yeah dont worry hon, unless 'boxing' starts or the pulling is resulted in bleeding / wound I wouldnt worry. Weve had three years of it before we accepted finally that its just them!!!

Back