• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping in contact

Do you keep in contact with past owners/rescue/breeder

• Yes

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters

Rachel89

Mama Doe
I just wondering and being nosey if you keep in contact with your buns previous owners/rescue/breeders.

Blues breeder I speak to everyweek and become such a close friend, plus I get to go down and cuddle baby dutches.

Honeys noway, she came from someone who was done by the rspca and we got her at 3weeks, was told about her from a friend.

Bracken I do, I'm friends with the mum of the girl that had her so always send pics/emails.

I always try and keep in contact as I know from haveing to rehome a dog we had that we were given that I love the updates we get.

I always keep previous rescues/ fosters upto date with the bunnies we have given a home to. I also keep in touch with previous owners if they are actually intersted and cared about their bunny, which unfortunately most of them don't :(

Whenever I post about Jack and Hollie / Tommy and Ronnie I always pm Angie / Tracey (BARC) to let them know so they can 'keep up' - I think they like to see pics of them and hear about how they're doing!

Certainly the response has always been positive lol - I think they'd be upset if I *didn't* keep in touch. :D xx

Last edited:
I don't keen in touch with the woman I got I&J off. I won't keep in contact with people I rescue animals off, unless it has been an official contract signed adoption. I won't give them my address or phone number, as I am afraid of the animal being taken back if the person 'misses it too much'.

This happened to me before with a dog I 'adopted' from a friend. It broke my heart, broke my dog's heart, and I was a mess for weeks.

I've only done 2 official adoptions (my dogs from rescues), fully with contracts, and I do keep in touch with the woman, send her photos and let her know how they are getting on.

I have with one (Tink). I've also tried to keep informed of all her family which is extensive as a big rescue job. Quite a few forum members have her siblings/half siblings and nieces and nephews. Her 'Aunty Kirsty' did so much for her when she was in foster care that I feel it's important she knows how well she is doing and how happy she now is.

I sent an email with some pictures and stories to Ruby's rescue a few months after I got her but I never got a reply, so I don't know if they read it :(

doras owner nope i tried getting in touch with the woman who rescued arthur originally but as she never responed to my emails on several occasions i no longer bother, i dont keep in contact with cocos old owner due to his condition of care with them, but do keep in contact with kittys fosterer adn rescue.

I keep in regular contact with Fat Fluffs who I adopted Cassie and Oakley, my beautiful rexes from :)

I now foster for them and help when I can as know the hard work they put in to help the bunnies. Its nice having a catch up, doing something to help and as a bonus I get to fuss other bunnies :love:

Mine are from Honeybunnies and Angie at BARC, so yes, keep in touch on here.

I have said yes and no - my first girlie came from a couple who owned a pair of buns who had not been neutered and had apparently lived together for years without having a litter until this "accidental" litter :shock: The lady was very nice and asked me to send her some pics once Bunny had settled in - so I dropped her an e-mail a couple of weeks later as I had the intention of keeping her updated, but she never replied, so I didn't bother again.

Then my other girl came from someone I work with who had split up with his wife, sold the house and couldn't take all their breeding stock with them. I see him most days at work and he never really asks about her, but I have showed him some of the pics of her that I've taken.

I said yes, in a roundabout way we do.
We got Barnaby and Bo off a lady whose buns had an accidental litter. Lee's company was doing some work on her house at the time. She moved to Cumbria to open a B&B and Lee's company were asked to do some work on that.
She always asked about Barnaby and Bo and he showed her pics of how they were getting on. Two years after they were asked to come back up (she was doing the renovations in dribs and drabs) and Lee came back home and told me that the kids had got bored of the two rabbits they had left and after having been treated like favourites they were now stuck in a filthy hutch, being carried about BY THEIR EARS and one was having her front teeth clipped by pliers rather than the vet they used to go to I went up with a carrier and persuaded her to give them to us to rehome .... but they stayed with us and that's how we got Mr Bingley and Blakey.
Lee's company still does some work for her and she does ask after them. I don't think it was intentional cruelty on her behalf, just no clue about their care or needs and the kids got other interests ... she did care about them which i think is why she gave them up and so i don't mind keeping in touch.

Don't know why I keep in touch with breeder because it depresses me every time I ring him when he tells me how many new babies he has. He really knows how to keep a rabbit healthy tho and gives great advice. He does keep them very clean and they get exercise on a rota basis but still, not ideal. I wouldn't get of a breeder again - would rescue now that I'm more clued in. Mine would have been destined for the petshop as they're not 'perfect' so I rescued them in a way.:?

First two buns were from pet shop :oops: second two from ARC who are on here, so they can see how they are getting on whenever they want :D

i mean to but hopper haven is so busy i dont like to take up lou's time.. ive been meaning to call with a holly update but havent yet :oops::oops:

i did let her know when pearl got ill but i felt like id failed her and it wasnt a happy update :(:(

All of my buns were private rescues, so i dont keep in touch with where they were from, dont think any of their previous owners would be bothered :?

I do keep in touch with several owners of my previous foster bunnies, ive even had some bunnies back to stay whilst owners have been on holiday :love: xXx

Harleys breeders I hate with a passion and I have no idea where Flashs breeders are. I do talk to Rory and Hadleys breeders though :)

Gizmo was the runt in PAH litter and sat on his own, tiny and terrified and alone, impulse purchase I admit but, sort of a rescue, I couldn't bare to leave him his 2 siblings were twice the size and huddled together so fingers crossed they went as a pair, they do encourage that in my local PAH - not to keep rabbits alone. Anyways he is now a big bonny buck and have never regretted it he is totally adorable. Do I keep in touch, yes generally go in and check on the animals from time to time;)

Ness - yes adopted from Leanne on here so she can always have updates and has been on hand for advice for me :love:

Jingle - adopted him March and the couple were having real problems - have moved house since and have been told that things aren't great and she is not well at all - won't go into it but, no haven't kept in touch, he was a child's bunny and whilst he wouldn't have been ill-treated, had he been left there would have been very low on the list of priorities, they have real probs apparently. He is better off here believe me ;):love:

i mean to but hopper haven is so busy i dont like to take up lou's time.. ive been meaning to call with a holly update but havent yet :oops::oops:

i did let her know when pearl got ill but i felt like id failed her and it wasnt a happy update :(:(

I'm sure she'd love to have a lovely bunny update in between all of those frustrating calls from people wanting to get rid of "it".
Call her Donna! I'm sure it'd brighten her day!

Back