• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Archie UPDATE

Letichia

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone
Just wondering if i could have a bit of advice please.
I'm a little bit worried about Archie, he seems rather subdued today. Just seems to be lying down in his run outside and not been moving at all. Do you think this is just because of the heat? He is not a very active rabbit and he is still getting used to his new surroundings but usually he moves around a bit more then this.
He did eat all his food this morning and have a drink though.
I don't know if its just me being paranoid and he is just resting in the shade because its hot:?

Letichia x

Last edited:
Yes, my boys get lazier when it's very hot, but as long as they're eating and pooping I don't panic anymore. Try freezing a plastic bottle filled with water for him to lie by, or putting a wet towel down. Also, if he usually drinks from a bottle pop a dish of water down for him. My boys drink from their bottles, but when it's very hot they want bowls instead.

Hope he perks up soon :wave:

Thanks for your replies:)
I think it must me the heat that is affecting him as he did become more active (for him) this evening. He has eaten almost all of his veg and had a little munch on some grass. However, i have noticed a decline in his poo. In the morning if there is no difference, i will call the vet. But he seems to be eating ok.

Thanks again x

One of ours has had a couple of days when he has barely moved and barely eaten. However, he has continued to drink and poo and move a bit more in the evenings. I have been fully covering the run since and he has been better.

This morning he has only really picked at his pellets, he has only been with us since last wednesday but he has been eating them all. He is still pooing ok this morning but i'm not happy about him leaving some of his pellets. I have booked a vets appointment at 6:20 tonight
Should i try give him any veg or just give him plenty of hay and leave him with the remainder of his pellets? He is still very new to veggies so i don't want to make anything worse.

Letichia x

Hmmm, toughie!Give him some veg that he's used to to try and tempt him, plus plentiful hay.

Make sure he has a shady area to lie in, to help keep him cool.

Has he had his teeth checked? Blackie started getting lethargic and picking at food when his molars needed doing.

Hmmm, toughie!Give him some veg that he's used to to try and tempt him, plus plentiful hay.

Make sure he has a shady area to lie in, to help keep him cool.

Has he had his teeth checked? Blackie started getting lethargic and picking at food when his molars needed doing.

Thank you, i'm not sure if he has had his teeth checked. We only got him last wednesday so i think i will ask them to check tonight. Will try tempt him with some veg in a min.

Do you think i'm doing the right thing by taking him to the vets?

Thank again, i really don't know what i would do without RU! x

Thank you, i'm not sure if he has had his teeth checked. We only got him last wednesday so i think i will ask them to check tonight. Will try tempt him with some veg in a min.

Do you think i'm doing the right thing by taking him to the vets?

Thank again, i really don't know what i would do without RU! x

Oh yes! Definitely the right thing!!!!!

It's really worrying when they don't eat normally.:(

Yes, definitely the right thing taking him to the vets if you're at all concerned, better picking up something early.

As above, some veg he's had before, or some tasty herbs like parsley or basil to tempt him to eat, plenty of hay and water.

Lots of vibes for him at the vets.

Thanks guys:)
I have just been sitting outside with him and he has been munching on some hay and grass, but the remainder of his pellets are still untouched. Will see if he will eat some spring greens later as he is used to these.

Will let you know how i get on at the vets:) x

Well i seem to have a completely different bunny this afternoon:D
Archie has gone from eating hardly anything to everything in sight!!
He has eaten the remainder of his pellets, all of his spring greens, had a really good munch on some hay and as i speak is currently munching on some grass.
I can't believe the change i have seen in the last hour. He has become so much more active too:)
Thank you very much for the water bowl idea, i have put one in his run and he seems to prefer this:)

I think i may have an idea of what could have caused his lack of appetite. I did introduce him to a small piece of broccoli on Saturday, this was the first time he had ever had it. Do you think that this could have caused a bit of an upset stomach?

Letichia x

Awwww bless him.....broccoli and cauliflower can make a buns tum a bit gassy.Maybe he was feeling a bit blown out.

Back