• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should a healthy weight look and feel like?

I would have thought so :?

I know there tends to be average weights for certain breeds of animals, but that's just a general guideline.

I'm almost positive you're talking about rabbits lol, but as an example, the average labrador weight is 25-30kg, and my lab weighs just under 25kg, but she is by no means underweight, she's just got quite a slim build/small frame.

xxx

Im not sure but thats how I judge my buns weight. I can feel their ribs and spine ever so slightly and they're a sausage type shape instead of rounded.
I hope this is right Im sure someone who knows will post soon xxx

Thanks! Was just stroking them this morning and I noticed I could feel their spines!! Not too much, but it concerned me! Esp little Lola, but she's much smaller than benson and lighter.

keith told me to say "lolas figure is perfect but if she's worried i'll give it a close inspection :love:"
sorry :oops: but you know keith :roll:

Thanks! Was just stroking them this morning and I noticed I could feel their spines!! Not too much, but it concerned me! Esp little Lola, but she's much smaller than benson and lighter.

Sounds like mine, who were given a clean bill of health at their check up not so long ago, and the vet said their weights were fine :D

xxx

Yep, I'd go by spine, hips and ribs. You should be able to feel all of them, but not a significant amount of bone. If a bun is very underweight you will be able to feel a lot of hip bone shape and you will be able to feel a lot of the sides of the spinal bone rather than just the top. It's not usually any use feeling the tummy, as this doesn't give a good indication of weight on a bun :)

keith told me to say "lolas figure is perfect but if she's worried i'll give it a close inspection :love:"
sorry :oops: but you know keith :roll:

Thank you Keith. Lola will get back to you on that. I think she's away to put a longer nightie on - just in case!!

My vet said it was good that you can feel the girls' spines now :) so I think it's the same, you should be able to feel the bones but not see them

at princesses health check, she was weighed and the nurse said spot on, I can just feel some of her bones, like some spine and her legs (not sure what part it was :lol:)

Keith you're far too experienced for little Lola Grace! She's a one bunny baby and Benson's her man!!!! Go and sit beside an ice pod!!

haaiiii! but ah can shows her the ways of the werld and benson says its ok cos when i gets my wifey i says he can maybe look at her. But lola is my girlfriend and so is nutmeg cos i loves them both :love: and velvet is my girlfriend too now she says no but she likes to be chased i think like lola does i likes her long nightie :love::love::love::love::love:

My vet said it was good that you can feel the girls' spines now :) so I think it's the same, you should be able to feel the bones but not see them

Oh that's good. That's pretty much what both of mine are like. I think she just looks very waife like because she's really moulting and her fur isn't as thick as it was in the winter - she used to look like a little bumblebee!:lol: Is your trio still getting along?

haaiiii! but ah can shows her the ways of the werld and benson says its ok cos when i gets my wifey i says he can maybe look at her. But lola is my girlfriend and so is nutmeg cos i loves them both :love: and velvet is my girlfriend too now she says no but she likes to be chased i think like lola does i likes her long nightie :love::love::love::love::love:

Ok Keith! Come and have a go if you think your hard enough!! Nothing gets past the flannel nightie!

Dandelion fancied Lola first! He challenges Keith to a duel!!!!

I think I'll bring Lola and Benson into the kitchen for the night!! And lock up the ladders!! And block up the keyholes!! And put chairs and heavy household goods against the doors!!! And arm Lola with a poker and Benson with a rolling pin!!:shock:

Back