• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - rabbit eaten lino

Coineanach

Wise Old Thumper
It's very thin lino and she's had a couple of inches of it, my normal vet is shut and I haven't much confidence in the out-of hours vet. I only blooming got her home on Thursday! Any advice?

I was also meant to start work at 1.

Cross posted in Health.

I've got a bunny who rushes into the kitchen the moment the door opens (we have to keep it closed for this very reason) and makes a beeline for where the edge of the lino was pulled up (due to us having to pull the ten tonne washing machine out after he got stuck behind it... sigh) and nibbles it obsessively. He can nibble a surprising about in the time it takes for me to try and rugby tackle him, too! He's never suffered for it, though he always gives me an anxious 24 hours after. :roll:

But this is the bunny who ate half an elastic band and the wrapper of a creme egg. He might have a peculiar digestive system.

My Kermit ate the shower mat (he had in bottom of his cage), telephone wire, remote control buttons, phone buttons

He never had any ill effects from them.

Does bunster seem as usual?

My Kermit ate the shower mat (he had in bottom of his cage), telephone wire, remote control buttons, phone buttons

He never had any ill effects from them.

Does bunster seem as usual?

She's nomming away at hay and jumping about like a nutter - I've only had her a few days but that's pretty typical behaviour. I'llclean out the litter tray and keep an eye on the poops, thanks to RU I have an excuse to be late for work.

*starts to not panic so much*

WHY do we bother.

Work has made a mistake and not put me on the rota, so I'm not going in, yippee. I can poo-watch all day. And think of an alternative to lino. Is Vetbed edible?

would a jute rug be anygood? i got one from tescos for ontop of the carrier, little bits have been chewed and pulled apart but because its natural im not worried. Pearl used to chew vetbed so i got rid :roll::roll:

Does it slide about on the floor? We've got laminate and although there is a big carpet outside the cage I daren't put one in in case of chewing. She's also a rex so I have to watch with her feet.

Does it slide about on the floor? We've got laminate and although there is a big carpet outside the cage I daren't put one in in case of chewing. She's also a rex so I have to watch with her feet.

im not sure, its quite heavy theres a bigger one too http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.901-1677.aspx

its quite abrasive tho so may be a bad idea for a rex :( i think ive read people put down duvets with sheets over the top, that might work better :D

not saying dont get vetbed but i didnt like it :shock: :lol::lol:

Charlee loves to decorate too. She has made several adjustments to her home - including several windows in the corflute (corrugated plastic) sides. She has also chewed the plastic that the whole set up sits on (the plastic protects the carpet). Thankfully she seems to shred it, or chew and spit it out rather than eating it. Makes more mess but doesn't result in an upset tummy. Hopefully your girl is ok.

its quite abrasive tho so may be a bad idea for a rex :( i think ive read people put down duvets with sheets over the top, that might work better :D

not saying dont get vetbed but i didnt like it :shock: :lol::lol:

I did think of a duvet but she'll probably chew that too. :roll: I'll get my thinking cap on. Towel layers maybe? Problem is she's very active so everything needs to be covered. She's currently in her cage maing a right racket because I've shut the door on her while I deal with the lino.

Charlee loves to decorate too. She has made several adjustments to her home - including several windows in the corflute (corrugated plastic) sides. She has also chewed the plastic that the whole set up sits on (the plastic protects the carpet). Thankfully she seems to shred it, or chew and spit it out rather than eating it. Makes more mess but doesn't result in an upset tummy. Hopefully your girl is ok.

I wish Velvet would spit it out :roll::lol:

I wish Velvet would spit it out :roll::lol:

:lol: I go in to find this little pile of shredded plastic!! :lol:

Towels would be nice and comfy. However, Charlee's cage has fleece throughout - including over the little door that gets shut at night so she can't get up to mischief. Sometimes she doesn't approve of this, gets mad and chews it. I have found several shredded sections on the bit that covers her door. But none of it seems to get ingested.

Back