• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescued and re-homed this fella this evening

CRBevis

Mama Doe
This is Bruno Chequers Bevis

Rescued him today from an italian gentleman who saw the rescue stickers in my car window last weekend. He said he has a rabbit that keeps getting out and running on main road, he didn't know what sex it was never taken it to vets and fed it food that he ate.

In his dirty hutch was a unpeeled rotten banana still with sticker on, melon, pitta bread a nd a few slices of bread still in the plastic bag and his water was in an algaefied ice-cream container and it the water was a mucky brown.

Got him back to my parent where he was going to stay until either moved him to Sue's at Southampton Rabbit Rescue or Sam (Bluesmum) looked after him for a bit till Sue had space.

He is so loving, laid bak and friendly, in good condition and only a bit under weight which is good considering his diet.

Got home to parents with him at 6pm this evening and had him re-homed with my brother and his fiance by 8pm. all he wants is cuddles and smoothes. He is currently at my brothers house running round front room and dashing out to his hutch in the garden. Tomorrow me and his new mum are going toy shopping, looking at a new home.run for him and hopefully get him in vets for health check and mxyi jab.

Photo0901.jpg

Photo0902.jpg

Photo0897.jpg

Underneath bread bag is melon and pitta bread
Photo0894.jpg

Pitta bread, melon and banana
Photo0898.jpg

Beautiful bunny and well done you for getting him out of there. That hutch was revolting!:shock:

he's a beauty! well-rescued there, and fantastically swift rehoming with family! excellent. i love his face. he looks so hopeful, despite the hard conditions he's had to cope with.

he's a beauty! well-rescued there, and fantastically swift rehoming with family! excellent. i love his face. he looks so hopeful, despite the hard conditions he's had to cope with.

I can't believe how trusting and laid back he is. He was surrounded by strangers and was just flopping over on side for some zzz's. He doesn't even flinch when picked up just tucks his head into you for cuddles and kisses, and when sitting on floor you go to stoke him and he snuggles down. he is so friendly and a tough little dude for what he endured. Don't know how old he is bloke said about a year.

He's lovely and best of all I can go to visit him whenever and give them all the advice and knowledge I know so he be a well looked after happy bunny :D

He is so gorgeous Bless him and looking at the inside of that dirty hutch I'm surprised the little fella didn't end up with Flystrike. :(

He is so gorgeous Bless him and looking at the inside of that dirty hutch I'm surprised the little fella didn't end up with Flystrike. :(

yeah I thought he was going to have it for sure but he is completely clean underneath. There were flies in the hutch amongst the food and poo.

yeah I thought he was going to have it for sure but he is completely clean underneath. There were flies in the hutch amongst the food and poo.

Oh I'm so glad he has got a loving forever home now, 'well done' for getting him away from that awful place :)

Oh I'm so glad he has got a loving forever home now, 'well done' for getting him away from that awful place :)

Just wish could help all the poor buns in the world :cry:

I look at Polo and so glad he with me and not being unloved somewhere.

He currently chasing a moth around front room and I trying to teach him to share his home and the love around. He not having it:roll:

He is gorgeous! Amazing that he looks in reaosnably good condition considering where he was living and what he was being fed!

Glad he's in a happy home now :)

OMG *faints* the spit of my doc with same temprement, ive yet to meet an angry black male dutch,

I actualy had one of those hutches as an emergancy hutch for any sick bunny, or scared bun that ever came into my foster care, in my garage with perm run attatched., they are P@h one poorly made really soft wood that all buns love to chew, I cant belive somone would think its ok to feed a rabbit food with the wrapper still on ???? i mean we dont, ok maybe get the banana and melon, some people just dont have any common sense esh you know i think id rather a rabbit eat cheap musli mix than that least owner would know its rabbit food ( yes i know be rubbish food )

so glad he has a new home now :love: has he had his teeth checked ??

He's lovely!!! :love:

He's so lucky to be saved from those awful conditions!!

Did the beer come free with him? :p

What a handsome little man. :love: Even my 7 yr old dd saw the pictures and remarked that he looks in really good condition considering the home he's been living in. It looks like he's fallen on his feet. :D:D

Beautiful rabbit :love:

The way that people think it's acceptable to keep an animal in such conditions never ceases to amaze me :(

Absolutely beautiful no wonder yr bro and his fiance couldnt resist.

Although the guy was clueless about rabbit care he did get one thing right- that he was doing it wrong and wasn't the best person. Good that he contacted you and willingly gave bun up.

What gorgeous bun & so lovely to have a happy ending.

Dreadful hutch, poor little man must think he's in bunny heaven now :love:

Just wish could help all the poor buns in the world :cry:

I look at Polo and so glad he with me and not being unloved somewhere.

He currently chasing a moth around front room and I trying to teach him to share his home and the love around. He not having it:roll:

Well done.It i such a shame when you read a story like this.
All we can do is our best and if we save as many bunnies as we can fom a miserable life we are at least helping.He looks a lovely bunny keep us informed and well done again.:love::love:

It's such a good job he didnt come here....he might never have left :love:
So glad you managed to get him eventually and that he's gone to live with your brother....how did the shopping go?
xxx

Back