• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Lionheads needing a home?

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi again,

posting this under a different heading in the hope that it might attract a broader response. After the horror of last week, we're hoping to adopt some new buns. If all goes according to plan we should have the accommodation ready by next weekend.

As we're based in Norwich, we've had a look locally today at PACT and been to PAWS. I've also contached the two RSPCA centre, Martlesham and Block fen. At present we are seriously considering adopting two young dwarf lops, a male and female who are being cared for at one of the Pets at Home veterinary centres here in Norwich (see thread, any rescues near Norwich). If we do decide to adopt these two, if possible I'd really like to add a young lionhead bun to this pair but so far I've drawn a blank finding one locally that could fit the bill. I'd rather adopt a needy bun rather than buy.. I'd imagine it would have to be a young neutered buck.

We have transport so can travel some distance. Ian also has to go to Torbay for work one weekend this month which might open up some possibilities.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Jo

We don't have any lionheads at our RSPCA, sorry. We do have a gorgeous fuzzy lop bonded with a dutch but he will require a huge amount of time and grooming. Nothing else similar though.

Last edited:
Aw I saw them on the website. That's Yin Yang and Marko, right?

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutani...col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2

CallAnimalImage

CallAnimalImage

I did think about them too because they are lovely. But I think the grooming might be too much for Ian when I'm away.

We dont have no lionhead males in, we have a 6 yr old lionhead female who is stunning :love: x

Yup, those are them.

They are lovely bunnies. We've kept Marko pretty trimmed down so he hasn't needed much grooming at all, just a bit on his face. When he has proper fur on, he needs a LOT of grooming. I put a thread up about him when me and MPHF trimmed his fur.

You're always welcome to come and meet them (feel free to contact me and we can arrange to meet there if you like, my e-mail is therabbitlady@googlemail.com) and the other bunnies if you want to.

five hours by train, last time i went to norwich... :lol::wave:

Yeah, Its quite a trip to Manchester, but my dad lives in Salford. :D The thing is, it would be a bit of a pain if we adopted one, tried to bond him/her with these two lops and it didn't work out... :?

Yup, those are them.

They are lovely bunnies. We've kept Marko pretty trimmed down so he hasn't needed much grooming at all, just a bit on his face. When he has proper fur on, he needs a LOT of grooming. I put a thread up about him when me and MPHF trimmed his fur.

You're always welcome to come and meet them (feel free to contact me and we can arrange to meet there if you like, my e-mail is therabbitlady@googlemail.com) and the other bunnies if you want to.

Thank you Sky-O.

I have the gorgeous Freddie, he is around 14 months old and neutered and is such a friendly little bun

MumDadandbabies008x2.jpg

he is on Rabbit Rehome

Not sure how he would, you never know until they meet, you could always bring them and try, we could help with the bonding

Confused about options - Help please!

Hi all,

Just a bit confused. What are the rules to follow on bonding trios? I have just enquired about Widget, he looked perfect and with a name like that too!

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=20242

and explained the situation with hoping to adopt the two young dwarf lops (I think the dwarfs are about 14 weeks) to make a trio. But I was flat told that a trio wouldn't work with two males and one female. Is this true and should I look for a female instead? Very confused? What age range should I focus on?

Thanks for all you help.

Jo

If I was bonding a trio I'd rather have 2 males and 1 female in it.

As for male lionheads I have 4 in at the moment all under a year old.
One is on Rabbit Rehome, one is on my website (www.rngp.org) and the other two will be added to my website this week all are ready to go as now all neutered and vaccinated

Thanks for the info. Could you maybe post links to the pictures and a bit of information about each one? Even If i don't take one, others might be interested :D

Thanks

Jo.

Back