• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can people do it!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Went into P@H as needed some rat litter and food, and of course looked at the adoption centre.

There was a large rabbit in the pen- he was 6!

We were so close to taking him home, we even reparked in the car park to discuss it again, but drove away in the end. We have nowhere to put him and can't really afford anymore animals at the moment- its isn't a life or death situation- but I feel so bad.:(

i would love to get my buns to 6... over my dead body would i give them up, how do they get to such a great age when people dont care about them yet mine die so young :cry::cry::cry::cry:

sorry your head had to rule hun xxxxx

i would love to get my buns to 6... over my dead body would i give them up, how do they get to such a great age when people dont care about them yet mine die so young :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know, that often annoys me. I hear so often people say their rabbit or cat lived to a good age and never saw the vet until the day it died, BUT then I think, how long did the animal suffer or was neglected before it saw the vet- our way is better, even if the don't get old, they have a good life.:)

do you know the reason he was there though, ok im being optimistic, but maybe the owner had to move abroad or died ????

although the "im bored " or kids have moved out its not mine so i dont want it, is more common, it may have genuine reasons for being in the adoption section,

another thing ive wondered would some breeders who supply to p@H would they put their older breeding "stock" over the hill rabbits in that section or the pot or PTS

*off to give my bigs whos 6 a huge hug * :(

I'm really sorry you've had such bad luck with your buns. :( At least you know you gave them a lovely life, however short, rather than a long drawn out miserable one. (((Hug)))

I hate seeing classified ads of 'free to a good home' animals, but older ones especially. It amazes me how many people rehome their dogs because they're moving, or are having a baby so 'haven't got time'. To me pets are members of the family - you wouldn't rehome your children, so why your pets?!! :?

are having a baby so 'haven't got time'. To me pets are members of the family - you wouldn't rehome your children, so why your pets?!! :?

you wont belive the amount of people who have asked what im going to do with the rabbits, because i live in a flat, with baby on way :censored:

do you know the reason he was there though, ok im being optimistic, but maybe the owner had to move abroad or died ????

although the "im bored " or kids have moved out its not mine so i dont want it, is more common, it may have genuine reasons for being in the adoption section,

another thing ive wondered would some breeders who supply to p@H would they put their older breeding "stock" over the hill rabbits in that section or the pot or PTS

*off to give my bigs whos 6 a huge hug * :(

He was being rehomed because they 'didn't have enough time for him.' and he needed an outdoor home. Surely by 6 he would need to option to come in on a cold winter's night.:(. If he had company he wouldn't need so much of his owner's attention.

He is really praying on my mind- he was much bigger than my lops and duchie and he looked old.

Shame if it was nearer me i could have homed him, what a sad thing to happen at that age too, poor mite :( xx

I know, I can't stop thinking about him. I keep trying to find a way I could fit him in, but I have nothing available at the moment- not even a spare room.

you do know you will get him if he is still there next week, i did this with doc, space wasn't practical, but i went into auto mode and summhow found space, i just built a run in the garage, were i kept him at night and outside during day while he was having his quarintine time,

Your brain just goes into " he will be better with me mode " good luck if you can hold out

There was a 10 yr old girly bun in the classifieds the other day. "Free to a good home." I would never be able to do that.

Back