• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too soon to adopt?

isla

Mama Doe
Nunzeo only died a few weeks ago, but Abbey isn't doing well at all. She just stays in her shed all the time, shes still eating and drinking and she'll have a little play with her toys, but she doesn't seem happy,poor girl.

I was hoping to take on a friends male rabbit, but my friend has finally fallen in love with him (which is a good thing I suppose) and wants to keep him, also he isn't neutered.

So is it too soon to adopt another bun, or should I just do it in the hope it'll cheer Abbey up?

i sent alvin off to meet a new wifebun after 4 days... i think its the kindest thing to do if the bunny loves bunny company.

if your bunny isnt ready you will soon know about it, but i myself would certainly try sooner rather than later for my bunnies :wave::wave:

took me ages to accept a new bunny though :oops::oops::oops: but i did it for Alvin as he is my No.1 :love::love:

eta - ooops i didnt see the unneutured bit :oops::oops: i wouldnt risk that bond, too many hormones and i reakon it would fail :cry::cry:

cant you get her a pal whos been done already so she can be happy straight away?

i sent alvin off to meet a new wifebun after 4 days... i think its the kindest thing to do if the bunny loves bunny company.

if your bunny isnt ready you will soon know about it, but i myself would certainly try sooner rather than later for my bunnies :wave::wave:

took me ages to accept a new bunny though :oops::oops::oops: but i did it for Alvin as he is my No.1 :love::love:

eta - ooops i didnt see the unneutured bit :oops::oops: i wouldnt risk that bond, too many hormones and i reakon it would fail :cry::cry:

cant you get her a pal whos been done already so she can be happy straight away?

Yeah thats the plan, my friend is keeping her male rabbit,and I'll be looking elsewhere. I think I'm going to have to start soon, its really not fair on her.

Yeah thats the plan, my friend is keeping her male rabbit,and I'll be looking elsewhere. I think I'm going to have to start soon, its really not fair on her.

good luck hun, its really hard to see them partnerless then theres the chance they only ever loved the bun they lost and wont accept another... stomach churning times :(

i was lucky with Alvin, he dont care who hes humping as long as shes a bunny :oops::oops:

good luck hun, its really hard to see them partnerless then theres the chance they only ever loved the bun they lost and wont accept another... stomach churning times :(

i was lucky with Alvin, he dont care who hes humping as long as shes a bunny :oops::oops:

I don't think Abbey will be too bothered, when I had another female bun (I rescued from a horrible owner) I tried putting her in with Abbey and Nunz, they were fine about it, the other one wanted to goon a killing spree though.

Does anyone know of any rescues in Somerset?
I don't know that I'll even be allowed one from a rescue though, just looked on one site, and I don't reckon they'd let me. Says you can't shut rabbitsin the shed over night, there is no way I'm leaving mine out in the run (it is attached) but Abb's would panick loads is a fox came near the run, its not worth the risk.

Back