• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't want to do this any more/ Not good news post 147

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry: I can't take the heartbreak any more. I can't even breathe :(

My poor Elwood :cry::cry: The vets have given him a week and then thats it. I can't believe its so serious, he's my baby. I can't carry on without him, he's the only thing that keeps me going when all the others come and go.

Plus the vets want us to let Fletcher go this afternoon and Prudence may have to be pts Monday as she has an awful tumour on her face, she looks like the elephant man :cry: And our gorgeous Frank who has battled so hard only has weeks or a couple of months at the most.

I just can't take any more, I love them all so much I can't watch them sick and struggling all the time :cry::cry:

Last edited:
I am so sorry Liz.

It's incredible how a creature so small can completely steal our hearts :cry:

I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that you have given so many bunnies such a wonderful life and if it wasn't for you, they would have never have known true love.

Thinking of you. xxxx

Not Elwood:shock::cry: Oh Liz I am so sorry that you are feeling that way, what an awful shock...

You are so selfless giving the poorly bunnies a lovely retirement, I really don't know how you do it.. lots of hugs and vibes for you and all the Bunnies

I'm sorry Liz :(

You do such a wonderful job,and it is easy to underestimate how hard it is for you. Just remember that those bunnies at least had happiness with you, that is a gift you gave to them that not many buns in their position get.

Although they are suffering now, they got to have a happy life because of you.
xx

Liz, i'm so sorry you go through this every time. I can't really say anything to help other than the vets may be wrong with their time frames. They didn't expect Spice to last more than a couple of weeks after her head tilt and dental problems became so serious, we had her for another 3-4 months. So don't give up!

Liz, i'm so sorry you go through this every time. I can't really say anything to help other than the vets may be wrong with their time frames. They didn't expect Spice to last more than a couple of weeks after her head tilt and dental problems became so serious, we had her for another 3-4 months. So don't give up!

Elwood isn't even ill, thats what is so awful, he is happy and bright :cry::cry:

he has recently been a bit incontinent but with all his problems I didn't think much of it. Last night when I bathed him i noticed for the first time his willy looked sore. I tried to get a proper look at it but it wouldn;t come out. Alarm bells started to ring as Moses had similar problems and I knew if his had healed over that would have been it for him.

Elwoods willy has healed over except for a tiny pinprick hole. We all think it is scar tissue from his leg amputation as he has developed lots of extra layers of skin where his leg used to be. In a matter of days or weeks he will no longer be able to urinate :cry::cry:

There is a possible operation if he was a larger animal, but it is a major op which would involve rerouting all his tubes and not only might it not work it could cause more scar tissue. Plus he has a tumour in his nose and all his other problems. And the costs are in the £1000's.

he has some antibiotics and cream to try to reduce the inflammation to see if we can get it out of the tiny hole and keep it open, but the vets aren't optimistic. He needs to go back on Monday and then again in a week. If no improvement thats it as he will end up in agony :cry::cry:

Elwood isn't even ill, thats what is so awful, he is happy and bright :cry::cry:

he has recently been a bit incontinent but with all his problems I didn't think much of it. Last night when I bathed him i noticed for the first time his willy looked sore. I tried to get a proper look at it but it wouldn;t come out. Alarm bells started to ring as Moses had similar problems and I knew if his had healed over that would have been it for him.

Elwoods willy has healed over except for a tiny pinprick hole. We all think it is scar tissue from his leg amputation as he has developed lots of extra layers of skin where his leg used to be. In a matter of days or weeks he will no longer be able to urinate :cry::cry:

There is a possible operation if he was a larger animal, but it is a major op which would involve rerouting all his tubes and not only might it not work it could cause more scar tissue. Plus he has a tumour in his nose and all his other problems. And the costs are in the £1000's.

he has some antibiotics and cream to try to reduce the inflammation to see if we can get it out of the tiny hole and keep it open, but the vets aren't optimistic. He needs to go back on Monday and then again in a week. If no improvement thats it as he will end up in agony :cry::cry:

What a shame, what about at catheter would that be an option?

I'm so sorry to hear that so many of your bunnies are so ill :(

Poor Elwood :cry::cry::cry:

You do so much for them and give them a happy 'retirement', but it's so hard on you. Wish there was something I could say to help.....

xxx

I am so sorry that you are experiencing such awful luck at the moment. It is people like you that make a difference to the lives of these bunnies. I can't imagine what you must go through on a daily basis and the fact that you lose so many buns in such a short space of time.

You are an incredibly strong person, despite how you feel at the moment. You truly are a selfless person, and there are very few people in this world that I can say that about.

I wish there was something that I could say to make everything alright, but there isn't. You take in these bunsters, knowing that their time with you is likely to be short. Despite this, they still steal your heart. That is what makes it so much more difficult for you.

We are all here for you, just remember that. XX

I am so sorry Liz.

It's incredible how a creature so small can completely steal our hearts :cry:

I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that you have given so many bunnies such a wonderful life and if it wasn't for you, they would have never have known true love.

Thinking of you. xxxx

Ditto Liz, hope you can find the strength to cope, you always do in the end xxx

You have so much strength to be able to do what you do, and I'm sure all the bunnies love you for it.

I'm so sorry there is nothing anyone can say to make this better but I'll reiterate the fact that without you so many of your rabbits would not have had the wonderful lives they end up living.

Elwood may not have long left but without you he probably wouldn't be here now, you've given him so much more time and so much more love than he ever would have had. I know you'll try your hardest as you always have done and that you'll do the very best you can by Elwood.

I'm just so shocked. I want to cry. I cant believe it. Poor Elly and poor you. I am hopin gfor a little miracle.

Oh Liz I'm so sorry :cry: Poor Elwood :cry::cry::cry:

What an awful situation for him after he's come through so much. I know how serious it is from when Jester got his willy stuck sticking out and we were told pts was the only option if the anti-inflammatories etc didn't work within 24hrs to get it back in.

I just don't know what to say except that I'm thinking of you, Elwood and the other poorly bunnies. Like others have said you do the most amazing job, and I only wish there was something I could do to help.

Sending you a hug. x

Liz I am so sorry the work both you and Steve do is amazing and the help and happiness you bring to so many animals is amazingly selfless huge hugs xx

Liz you really are an inspiration i couldnt do what you do, im sorry things are so rubbish for you, you dont deserve it :( xxx

Oh, poor Elwood.
Liz, I am so sorry, alll I can say that I just look at all the bunnies you have saved and cared for and it's the most amazing thing.
I''m so sorry you're feeling like this and all I can do is offer ((((hugs))))
x

My vet reconstructed Sage's personal parts (genitalia and anus - which were a complete mess due to birth defects, tail was growing up anus and vagina etc deformed. Sage was not in good health at the time, being the runt anyway.
She really is a total whizz with small scale surgery - she also did Damson's kidney and Willow's gut blockage - both one in a million chances.

If you feel you and Elwood were up to it I am sure she would at least give an opinion.

If you feel that is not an option then I will understand completely.

Back