• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunty's Coming Tomorrow!!! New pic..

Slow or Fast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

capel

Warren Veteran
Bonding starts tomorrow. I've always used the fast-track method of bonding with no problem, but because both Dave and Bunty are nervous bunsters do you think I should go for the slow method? Rog is busy constructing a barrier which will divide Dave's present run in two so they can live side by in the kitchen extension (still a work in progress, but it's a very useful bunny area!!) for a while. On the other hand, I could put them both in the bathroom and see what happens first and if the signs are ok then put them both in the big Nero cage together. OR should I go for broke and take Dave with me tomorrow and put both buns in a neutral box for the journey home? I'll turn this into a poll:

Last edited:
Oooh I dont know as I am not very experienced with bonding but just wanted to reply to say "good luck" and see you tomorrow with the lovely girl herself! :wave::)

Cant believe its tomorrow cant wait for pics. Im so so glad that he ended up with you Hilda I would have felt awful taking him back especially now what he had been through he is one very lucky bunny

From what you were saying yesterday about both of their characters I would maybe try the slow bond for a few days and see how they react. Sometimes you just 'know'. Will they be able to see each other as well as smell each other? What does the rabbit whisperer think?

Yes..they'll be side by side in Dave's run which we've split down the middle. It means that each will have only 3x4 to live in but it's only short-term..There's a lovely 6x2 happy hutch /run combo outside just waiting to be filled!!I'll post a pick of the run in a minute. Dave's out in the garden at the moment and I expect he's going to be a bit puzzled as to why his home has shrunk when he comes in later tonight!!

Here it is. It will have more "furniture" in later. Both will have identical litter trays and wooden tunnels(Dave's are out in the run with him at the moment and Bunty's tunnel is drying off having been deodourised and disinfected as it has been in the Trio's run for ages! They never used it, so it saved me buying another one. On Jill's advice their trays will be at opposite ends, but their water bowls will next to each other though obviously separated by the partition.
DSC01011.jpg

OK.. I'll see if I can get one of him outside now. If not, I'll take one when he comes in later tonight.:D

:wave: Hm, think I would go for slow bond knowing how nervy Dave is.

I don't normally go for the quick bonds (as you know ;)) We tried it once but didn't like it.

Good luck and we will need photos when you get Bunty home.

:wave: Hm, think I would go for slow bond knowing how nervy Dave is.

I don't normally go for the quick bonds (as you know ;)) We tried it once but didn't like it.

Good luck and we will need photos when you get Bunty home.

I've been thinking about the nervy thing. He is nervy with humans..and rightly so, given his history, but he may well be more relaxed with his own kind... To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that the meet-up with Bunty is taking place in the form of a handover after a journey down the M6, I'd have gone down the carrier route, but am worried that if there's a hold up he could be under stress for too long.

Thank you will go look at the pics

I think the least stressfull route might be easier on your pocket too given Daves history of snotty nose etc when he first came in

That's very true Hilda, maybe it would be different with bunnies so you could maybe see what they were like in your divided run and if it looks OK, progress onto the bathroom quickly.

I'm going to put them in the bathroom first and if that looks fine then I'm skipping the run part and putting them straight into the Nero cage. Will I sleep tonight????? nah!! lol

:lol::lol: Good luck Hilda, keep me informed. You do always seem to have good bonding experiences so I hope it continues that way.

Thanks Karen:). She looks beautiful, but Jill's been ultra honest as usual and warned me that she has "issues" with food and that I may need to syringe feed her at first...:shock: Still, I'm hoping for the best and that the two of them will get on ok.

Back