• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny to carrier = blood

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hey those of you with lets just say ummmm Human Haters :lol:

Well thats a bit harsh - Charlie does not hate me he lurrrrves me but he just hates me when he sees me approaching with the big orange thing, so please has anyone got any tips of getting said Charlie with sharp teeth into his carrier without losing a limb :roll:

I have tried putting the carrier in their indoor pen - Mittens and charlie avoid it like the plague, I have tried putting food inside the carrier to tempt them in na na nahhh sooo?

Myxi next week so help pls

p.s Its not so bad as I make out but how do you get your bunnies into carriers in most stress free way, dont say just pick him up :lol: which I will do but he HATES it and will lunge and box :(

carrier door open, corner bunny till said violent bunny gives up and goes in.... allow 10mins for catching time and lots of swearing :lol::lol::lol:

become friends with 8 other pet owners and swap carriers each time you need them- then bun will think its a fab new toy until.........................

......WHAM! ha ha! GOTCHA

Mommy Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just grab the nearest one shove them in, grab the next one try to shove that one in, curse the first one for escaping, go catch that one, try to shove that one in... Then wait for o/h to get back from work and help:oops:

Someone needs to invent a carry cage that is easier to use:)

Every thing about making buns travel is stressful TBH, I get insomnia a few nights before every vet trip:(

hahah thank you good suggestions

Jemma&theo - I dont know any other bun owners near by :(
Donnamt - I tried your version last time and was late for the vets :oops: plus I have 2 this time... how on earth is that gonna happen... Mittens is easy though so I just need to plonk her in once Charlies in - Yes they are going together...
Hancy - I think I may be doing your version!!!

MAJOR stress next week I have been dreading it - all 4 going..

Sooty and Charlie for Myxi
Mittens for VHD
Oreo just for the ride :lol: (or if I cant catch Oreo - Sooty will be going on her lonesome!!

I get insomnia a few nights before every vet trip:(

me too :oops::oops:

i have to get alvin to go in voluntarilary then i have to pick up Holly to get her in.. she scratches but gives up quicker than mr violence :roll:

i have to put her in the top while hes not looking or he springs out

I've got really sneaky and position the carrier with the open door in the hutch, right up against the entrance between it and the run. I then coax the buns through the hole from the run, into the carrier, stuff something immovable against the hole and dive back into the hutch and slide the carrier door into place, phew!

Only problem with this method is that you can sometimes be sat staring at a bunny bottom for 10 mins whilst they're half in and half out the entrance :lol:

you need one of those 50p teddy grabbers like at the fair! can swoop down and 'pluck' then drop them into an open-topped carrier!!!!

Wooooooooo

you need one of those 50p teddy grabbers like at the fair! can swoop down and 'pluck' then drop them into an open-topped carrier!!!!

Wooooooooo

:thumb: Dragons den??
I'd buy one!!!

Glad its not only me that dreads vet days - I just thought I was a wuss :lol::lol:

I leave the carrier in with them all the time and usually put their nomming hay in it so they all quite like it, then when I need to take them somewhere I put some food/treats and hay inside (after they've had little or no food). In they hop.

Maybe get a new carrier so they don't associate it with travel and leave it in their pen for a while before you cart them off to the vets in it.

In the short term, put a cardboard box in, wait for them to get in to it and take them in the box. We took our girls in cardboard boxes for ages - you can buy the cardboard pet carriers at the vet usually.

I leave the carrier in with them all the time and usually put their nomming hay in it so they all quite like it, then when I need to take them somewhere I put some food/treats and hay inside (after they've had little or no food). In they hop.

Same for me. Mango is a bit more cautious but Maia actually likes the carrier.

Back