• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you dispose of your rabbit waste?

How do you dispose of your rabbit waste?

• Compost it

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Burn it

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Put it out with the dustbin rubbish

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • Other (please say!)

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry, another poll! :oops:

Do you have any strong feelings about how other people dispose of it? Does it bother you if people burn theirs, for example.

Last edited:
Hmm, it varies!

Poop goes on the veggies or roses, hay either goes out with the garden waste collection or taken down the tip, same with megazorb. Occasionally hay gets burned in winter....

I'll tick "other". Our green recyling wheelie bin allows rabbit and guinea pig waste. So that is where mine goes!

I actually ticked burn it, I'm lucky OH can burn it at work - he is a pikey and they have fires now and again - JOKE - no they have a yard and burn stuff, or I take it to the tip if he isn't going up the yard for a few days due to being on a job etc

I actually ticked burn it, I'm lucky OH can burn it at work - he is a pikey and they have fires now and again - JOKE - no they have a yard and burn stuff, or I take it to the tip if he isn't going up the yard for a few days due to being a job etc

:shock::shock: I though i told you the other week that you can`t use the word pikey. :lol::lol::lol:

I put the hay and poop into the garden waste bin and I put the newspaper into the recycling bin

I hope it's okay to do this though :oops::oops:

vegetable peelings, garden clippings... anything that will compost, especially my bunny waste.:lol:
don`t you have a brown recycling bin ?

Round our way everyone has a brown wheelie bin for compostable materials, except fir the few streets surrounding us :roll:

The litter tray waste which I change every day goes in the compost bin and the bedding and stuff goes in the garden waste bag:D

vegetable peelings, garden clippings... anything that will compost, especially my bunny waste.:lol:
don`t you have a brown recycling bin ?

We don't have any recycling bins - it's not a service they offer round us! We have to cart our papers and bottles to Tescos.

I'm confused though as to the difference between garden waste and compost-suitable bins? Surely garden waste IS compsotable? :?

I put it in black bin bags but with the 7 buns and 8 cats have far too much for my fortnightly collection so have to take 6 bags up the tip every two weeks. It's OK now that the tip is open longer hours but in the winter it's a real problem as I am at work when they are open apart from Sunday when the queue is horrendous :(

just put it in the black bin with everything else ....... and when my bin gets full i use my neighbours bin :oops::oops: ( but only when they're out :lol:)

Back