• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sat watching the buns together.

I am watching Arnie getting his ears cleaned and his head groomed to within an inch of its life. Both are nooming grass, sharing food and varying between binkying round the run and flopping next to each other.

The only slight problem is this- I bought Arnie home to see if he could bond with Doodee until Doodee decided to behave like a crack addicted crocodile. :shock: Arnie appears to have a good bond started with eight year old Teasel!

To give Arnie some space and let Doodee cool down I set up a temp run and hutch near Teasel but did not dare let them get too close as I have seen the results of Teasel fight other rabbits far too often.

By the third day they where trying to groom each other through two sheets of seperated wire and mirroring each others behavior and lying as close to each other as they could I thought hang on a mo they are behaving like they have a bond so I took Teasel into Arnies run to see if they really did like each other. I am stunned- Teasel has sat there and simply let Arnie be a young buck but if he gets too above himself she gives him and firm nudge and chins him and he lets her. They have been with each other for four hours and keep sitting by each other so tonight when I bring them in I will put their cages right next to each other.

Its like watching a granny running around with a toy boy but both rabbits seem very happy to be with each other.:lol:

Back