• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging boxes

What do yours prefer?

• Soil

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Sand

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
How deep do you make a digging box? Smokey loves digging and this could be just the thing for her.

Ours have deep litter trays with a few inches of soil in - they love it, and roll in the soil for a mud bath :lol:

The deeper the better,tho, for when they want to dig as well as roll.

Do you just get soil from the garden then? I cant help thinking Feegal would be horrified:oops:

Ahh Mum a worm:shock::lol:

Do you just get soil from the garden then? I cant help thinking Feegal would be horrified:oops:

Ahh Mum a worm:shock::lol:

I use finest topsoil from a bag for mine - nothing but the best for their royal bunness'! Any old soil from the garden will do though, as wildie buns will testify! :D

My guys like sand, they aren't that interested in soil and won't touch compost. Their alltime favourite activity is to dig up their run though. :roll:

What other substances can be used, besides soil, sand, potting compost and paper?

Back