• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beatrice-I Thought That She Was Just Getting a Bit Fat

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
061-2.jpg

How very wrong I was.....................

064-1.jpg

:shock:

Awww Jack and his family :love:

His first mum was beautiful, and yes a little chunky in that piccy. No wonder, carrying that lot around :shock:

Oh goodness! :love:

(And I thought that was something that happened today :oops:)

I dont think I'd have posted about it on here if it had :shock:

What is Beatrices story and how many babies did you keep?

Beatrice was one of my three very first Rabbits. I bought them all on a whim from Petsmart (now P@H). Eleanor and Megan were the other two.

A few months later I did even 'better', I bought a Buck (Seamus) from a local garden centre. I did redeem myself by getting him neutered. But unfortunately I was told by the RSPCA Putney that it'd be 'fine' to bond Seamus with unspayed Beatrice a couple of DAYS after his op..........................DOH !! It was actually several weeks before I bonded him so he must hsve remained fertile for quite some time :?

Beatrice gave birth to 8 kits in the early hours of the 1st December 1998.
I kept all of them.........................aswell as the other 7 babies from the two other Does Seamus impregnated..... :shock:

Last edited:

Beatrice was one of my three very first Rabbits. I bought them all on a whim from Petsmart (now P@H). Eleanor and Megan were the other two.

A few months later I did even 'better', I bought a Buck (Seamus) from a local garden centre. I did redeem myself by getting him neutered. But unfortunately I was told by the RSPCA Putney that it'd be 'fine' to bond Seamus with unspayed Beatrice a couple of DAYS after his op..........................DOH !! It was actually several weeks before I bonded him so he must hsve remained fertile for quite some time :?

I kept all of them.........................aswell as the other 7 babies from the two other Does Seamus impregnated..... :shock:

so in a short space of time you went from three buns to erm.. 3+8+7=18 (hang on, there's seamus too)... lots????

Whoops :lol::lol:

I bet Seamus was proud of himself!;):lol:
Beatrice was gorgeous and so were her babies. :love::love::love::love::love:

Back