• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue centres near Norwich?

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi all,

can anyone recommend a good rescue centre near Norwich please? I know sprowston GP rescue has closed and the Heacham RSPCA rabbits website seems to be down or not exist anymore.

Probably going to see whats available at PACT and I know there's Faith at Hickling.

Does anyone know anything about a place called Bunny Barn Rescue, nr Eastgate off Holt Road? I'd not heard of it before and they are advertising baby buns in freeads claiming to be a rescue but it sounds more like a breeder set up to me.. :?

Cheers

Jo.

The bunny barn place did join here for a while, not sure if they are a breeder of sorts. They didn't make any effort into getting bunnies etc on here or just weren't computer savvy.

Heacham Rspca place is being made to close so they can all go in one small animal centre rather than have a dedicated rehoming centre for bunnies. Apart from PACT I don't know of anyone else sorry.

Unfortunatly Bunny Barn are breeders, they say they rescue but i think from going there they seem to probably use freeads and then breed them. Its a weird place run buy a young bloke in a large shed where they have the buns and gp in and some in together too. When i went they had 4 preg giants in a tiny 3 x 3 space with no height at all. I know of someone who had a bun from there who was riddled with mites, ear mite, and other bug problems. Bun is beautiful now but i would not guarentee that they all would be. I know when i went i wanted to come home with all of them but i had no space. I also know of some gp rescue people who have been and cleared him out of quite a few gps due to ill health, also think RSPCA have visited too.

What are you looking for?

Ah, so my suspicions were correct!

After the tragedy that befell Gasket and Tappet last saturday we're upgrading security and getting a new bunny kennel which should be installed by next weekend.

So we're looking for two or three buns to fill the void that has been left:evil:. My favorite breeds are lionheads, dwarf lops and nethies, but Tap was a crossbreed possibly english x dutch. Ideally I'd love at least one lionhead (or lionhead cross).

Have had bucks and does and don't really have a preference. I'd prefer younger ones, in good health so we can consider insuring them as we did with the boys before, although I realise that most rescues wont let them go until they've been neutered (I'd pay for the ops myself otherwise).

Temperment again as long as they aren't vicious I'm pretty easy, I loved Gasket so much because he was such a cheeky character, and Tap was much more laid back. One of the pair/trio that doesn't mind a cuddle now and then would be nice.

They'll have an 8ft by 4 ft kennel and will be brought indoors for a few hours most evenings. Ones that are good with litter trays would be a bonus- my boys were both generally tidy indoors..

I'm not too keen on REWS but would consider most other colours.

Many thanks,

Jo.

I know P@H in Hall Road have 3 bucks and 2 does in their adoption centre they are dutches and absolutly georgeous and very well hendled. They are use to children as well and were an accidental litter and the previous owener is calling a lot to see if they have found homes and if they will make sure they are good ones. Not sure if thats any help. I was in there on Thursday and had a cuddle with one of the does. I also know of some baby giants looking for homes PM if you want.

Any young lionheads out there?!

Hi all,

have been to PACT today, as well as looking at all the adoptions available through PAH. PACT only had one pair that was reasonably young and ready to go but those were quite large albinos. They also had some lovely babies in but they wont be ready for at least a month and I'm sure they will be snapped up- no lionheads though.

We've seen two we really like at the PAH vets on Hall road, they are a boy and girl dwarf lops:love:. Not sure what their situation is exactly healthwise. But they looked well enough to me, bright eyed, eating well and very inquisitive. They're both youngsters, the female has been spayed recently. Its the vets that has them rather than the shop itself. Went to the PAWs centre and was advised to be careful about adopting from petshops. So not really sure what to do! :(

I'd still really like a lionhead and would be able to accommodate a trio. Any advice or suggestions out there for me please?

Back