• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Huge Baby Hare *baby pics/back from Wales*

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
well my doe Dutchess had a single baby 14wks ago ive called him Solo thing is at 14 wks hes wieghing in at 2 1/2 kg ive never had a baby grow so rapidly is this normal hes really fine boned so its not bone weight and he the same length as my tan hare buck which is really big even for a tan?

Last edited:
waiting for my new camara to arrive :roll:
hes very sweet though always asking for cuddles.
also i ve never seen sacks on a baby hare like he has there huge most of my hare bucks dont get thier bits till 17-18 wks???:shock:

waiting for my new camara to arrive :roll:
hes very sweet though always asking for cuddles.
also i ve never seen sacks on a baby hare like he has there huge most of my hare bucks dont get thier bits till 17-18 wks???:shock:

Wow, that is... different.

Would the large amount of milk he'll be able to access have contributed to his quick development? I would have only thought that would apply to size though, not the bits too..... have you had single babies before?

Would the large amount of milk he'll be able to access have contributed to his quick development? I would have only thought that would apply to size though, not the bits too..... have you had single babies before?

cant say i have had any singles in hares ever

you could be right there. our baby chippy was an only baby and he is loads bigger than his mom and dad.. freaky :shock:

I'm sure we'd love to see some photos? Good name choice :) I called the last remainder of one of our rescue litters solo, it seemed very appropriate.

hes coming down to wales with me tomorrow dont think he would ware it well that he didnt get his fuss his Granddad my Duke didnt like anyone else hopefully he wont bite like he did;)

Back