• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making a Petplan claim

clarebear

Mama Doe
After our emergency vet trip last night, I now need to fill in a claim form with Petplan to try and get my money back.

I haven't ever filled out one of these forms before. Should I take it in to my normal vets or the emergency vets?

Also I don't know what to put down as the condition? Bramble had stopped eating and was given injections and meds. Would this go down as Gastro-Intestinal/Digestive System Disorder do you think? As this is the one thing excluded from my policy, due to a problem last year.

I would normally put an 'not eating' episode down as gastrointestinal/digestive etc etc.

I doubt you will get anywhere with the claim as it's an exclusion. If there was found to be any underlying reason for her to have stopped eating then it isn't gastro etc then you would have a claim.

put down not eating then take it to the vets who treated her and they will do the rest :wave::wave:

if its an exclusion they probably wont pay up, id still send the claim anyhows you never know they might pay :D

Can I ask is it an exclusion for you, or is it one for everyone with bunnies ? Sorry it sounds a stupid question - I have been with Pet plan for 5 years, but am making my first claim, Snowflake died from Gut stasis on wednesday and I was just wondering does that mean I can't claim or whether it is with reference to your situation ? xxx

its only and exclusion if its happened before the cover started.. theyve paid out several times for Alvins gut issues but he was insured with them from the day he came home.

you will deffo get your money back, minus the excess and cost of PTS. no comfort i know :cry::cry::cry::cry:

They probably won't cover it i'm afraid. Nino has an exclusion on his policy and even though his is caused by an underlying illness - severe arthritits - which isn't excluded - they just won't have it and say it's all GI issues :roll: Has cost us a fortune.

If you are claiming for emergency vet treatment then you will need to send claim form to emergency vet to complete - not your reg vet as they didn't see Bramble.
When we tried this claim, we had to send a copy to both emergency and reg vet - as we had a check up next morning - each had to fill in their own form and send it on - but the two can be linked as one issue. :wave:

its only and exclusion if its happened before the cover started.. theyve paid out several times for Alvins gut issues but he was insured with them from the day he came home.

you will deffo get your money back, minus the excess and cost of PTS. no comfort i know :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry what is PTS?

They probably won't cover it i'm afraid. Nino has an exclusion on his policy and even though his is caused by an underlying illness - severe arthritits - which isn't excluded - they just won't have it and say it's all GI issues :roll: Has cost us a fortune.

If you are claiming for emergency vet treatment then you will need to send claim form to emergency vet to complete - not your reg vet as they didn't see Bramble.
When we tried this claim, we had to send a copy to both emergency and reg vet - as we had a check up next morning - each had to fill in their own form and send it on - but the two can be linked as one issue. :wave:

I've just taken my form down to my usual vets to fill in, which they said they would do and send off for me. Presumably if it needs to go to the emergency vets they will let me know.

If they don't pay out, it makes me wonder if it's worth having the policy. I'd probably be better off paying my £11.00 into a savings account instead!

Still fingers crossed. I'll wait and see what happens.

i still think its worth having the insurance even if stasis isnt covered and i reakon one day itll be an exclusion for all bunnies like the teeth trimming now is.

Pearl's illness cost about 800 quid in total for the 9 months she was ill

if they break a leg or need an emergency op that would all be covered and other illnesses that last the life of the bun would be covered too.

i would love to do the savings option myself but theres always something that needs money and when i most needed an expensive treatment id be all out of cash, i so cant save :oops::oops:

Back